Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rusty to retire after 2005 season

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thunder, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

2. semper-k-five

semper-k-five 1/2 ton status

yeah...i heard he was giving a press conf today....that was the assumption while we were wathcin the Bristol Race...and yes, it does suck to loose another old timer

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Sad...................................

I don't know, maybe his time was past anyway. He never really contended for the checkered flag too much, usually due to some bad luck or probably the team, but I always liked watching him win.

The thing I really like about ole Rusty is that he is one of the guys that brought NASCAR to where it is today and he's of the old school. Rusty is guaranteed to call it like he sees it and wasn't afraid of a microphone in his face. It is kind of funny on the link provided that out of all the drivers listed, Jeffro Dumbdumb only had a couple of words and the last memory of mine of Rusty making any headlines was being interviewed after that idiot crashed him. It's gonna be kind of different hearing that car number being called with a different name since I only can remember two names being associated with it, and the other is watching from up above.