Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RV circuit breakers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SkysTheLimit, Mar 14, 2007.

1. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

I was just looking around and thinking about my wiring project after reading the latest on Manny's build. I want to run breakers and found this.

http://www.eatonhitch.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=78_80_93

How do these work?

Near as I can tell, theres no reset button / switch / whatever. The upside is they seem to have all the amperage ratings I'd need. The downside is they're not nearly as cool Ryoken's but half the price.

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I used Potter & Brumfield Aircraft circuit breakers in my wiring job. Re-wired from scratch, every wire and terminal on the whole truck.
    I have a breaker panel with 12 of these in it.

The W31 series

[​IMG]

http://www.newarkinone.com carries them. I see them on ebay for cheap alot, NIB.

My Electrical Engineering friend who works for Delphi said these are what they use when they do prototype vehicles for OEM's.

I personally wouldn't wire my vehicle with the auto reset breakers as the main protection device on each circuit. If there's a real problem, they will blow and be ruined, then you have to replace them entirely. They have their place, but main protection for all circuits isn't one of them, IMHO.

Here's a link to my main power distribution chart (Turn off your browsers auto image resize!)
    http://snyderworld.org/k5/catia/PowerDist.jpg

3. SkysTheLimit

Those are slick. They look like they are switches as well. A bit spendy however.

I didn't think about auto resetting breakers when I was looking at the ones I posted. I agree that I wouldn't want an auto reset. It tripped for a reason and I'd rather know what it was before it reset.

Looking around, I see the W23 series which is a bit less and more slim. What's the skinny on those or even something with similar ratings but cheaper?

thanks for the diagram and link. I dont really look forward to the project but I kinda do in a small way.

4. 73k5blazer

5. SkysTheLimit

That site showed a picture of a completely different design than what the datasheet shows. I'd be more inclined to believe the datasheet. Back to the drawing board. I want the little square jobbers that PE sells but in higher ratings than 15A. The small rocker switch type and I don't wanna pay alot for the muffler. :wink1:

6. 73k5blazer

"Image is for illustrative purposes only.
    Please refer to product description"

Most of the time they get the right picture in there, sometimes not, hence the disclaimer.
    The Datasheet is right.

The one they pictured on the W23 is actually a W28 Series, those come up to 20amps.
    Ref: W28 Datasheet

7. SkysTheLimit

The W28 series are the ones I like but like you said, they only go up to 20A. I guess I could do those for most of the circuits and then have the big honking push button ones for the big draw circuits.

Thanks a bunch for the guidance!