Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RV Insurance

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by 88Silverado, Mar 22, 2004.

1. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know of an insurance company that discount insures large RV's. Just wondering if theres a better way to insure since my current company doesnt know if the underwriter will insure it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Thanks

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Does anyone know of an insurance company that discount insures large RV's. Just wondering if theres a better way to insure since my current company doesnt know if the underwriter will insure it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

You're in CA like me, and I am still doing research since I don;t have it yet but yes if you find a company that wants to insure it it will be really expensive.
    If you do find a good deal let me know.
    I will probably need one in the summer time.
    /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

If you are in Law Enforcement try California Casualty. I think they may insure civilians as well, but I know us coppers get a heck of a discount. LOL

John

4. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Well, since I needed insurance fast I did some checking with AAA, Statefarm and Good Sams (GMAC)

Looking at multicar discount, State Farm was a Fu$*ing joke, they wanted 5150/yr /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Good Sams (thru GMAC) was the best at $604 for the motorhome/yr for the motorhome but the total for all three cars was $350/yr more. If I went motorhome only, they jumpped to $1200/yr /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

AAA was $688/yr for the motorhome by itself. If I went multicar it dropped to $456/yr but the total for all vehicles still worked out to $250/yr more.

I decided to go with AAA at $688/yr on Motorhome only and keep my other cars separate. The coverage is $40,000 loss value, 6000 miles/yr or less, 100/300 liability, comp/coll, uninsured motorist, $2500 excess medical and a $250 deductible. Seemed reasonable to me until I can find something else.