Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ryoken (41), Jeremy_C (24), 75-K5 (22)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BranndonC, Mar 12, 2006.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Happy birthday guys!

2. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

thanks bro! means alot!

mom got me a new golf shirt and my lady got me this
    [​IMG]

my knees just asked if we were done yet with things, but i told em we were going skating tues! :woot:

man, i must be dinosauric, refering to my knees in third person now... :doah: :o :haha:

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Happy Birthday men :woot:

And ryoken , what specs are the board width/nose/length/tail , I like the wider looks of it . That would look sweet with some loose 169's and some freestyle wheels :thumb:

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

happy b-day
    whoo hooo

7. ryoken

thanks namesake... :D you guys are aces in my book...

its 9 x 32.. which is actually a tad narrower than i actually run.. i'm kinda funny about that, the wider pig/fish shaped 80's decks have never let me down, so i've been stubborn about switching.. normally i skate 9 1/2 to 10 1/2, but my legs are getting slower by the month so i wanted something a little more nimble. :wink1:

i do have a couple 9's that i skate mini with, but wanted to set something up for vert...

its also 15 1/4 wheelbase which is a tad shorter than i'm used to, but it'll be a quick acting, tight carving machine in tight bowls, etc... got a pretty burly concave and steep nose and tail, which i like.. really locks my feet in and get lots of leverage..

and yup, got a brand new pair of 169's waiting to go on it.. :D

i've got some super fast 60mm Bones SPF's to run on it.. gonna try them first...
    [​IMG]

i change out wheels alot tho, depending on what i'm skating.. i've been known to bring 3 or 4 decks to a sesh and a 1/2 dozen sets of wheels...

i also have a smaller set of 58's in 95a for slippery stuff.. like my bud's masonite mini. small sticky wheels work well on that.. us vert guys tend to like bigger wheels for bigger terrain.. i've run upwards of 65mm on some of my other cues, but like i said i want something a little more nimble.

plus i can get them trucks looser with smaller wheels without running lots of riser pad.. lower COG!

8. pauly383

Nice , about what mine is then . I run some Tunder 169's ( my favorite Indy's were ground to the axles :pimp: ) , and some Powell mini-logos in 97a .

Haven't ridden in awhile , but that may change now that I am going to the gym every week .

Remember when we couldn't buy small wheels except for freestyle wheels . I love small wheels for the lip tricks , I don't do air much at all .

I keep my trucks loose to the point you can rotate the washer under the lower bushing , and run a single riser pad . Been that way since I learned to ride . Tic tacs are for guys who can't balance :wink1:

Loose trucks and tight ***** forever :thumb:

9. ryoken

i've got a couple sets of mini-logos floating around myself... :D

tell ya what, its great cardio work to combine with lifting...

its been fun loosening up the trucks over the years again.. during the 80's, we started making our trucks tighter and tighter for 1/2 pipe skating, but now with all the roundwall available, its fun having sloppy trucks again...

ah, small wheel era.. early/mid 90's the street guys got crazy with that stuff... guys'd run em where there was barely any urethane covering the bearing.. :haha: they do have some interesting charachteristics to them for lip tricks.. certainly not hard to get to the truck... :wink1:

there have been occasions where i've toyed around with small wheels, smallest being about 56mm i think... but it definitely tends to be more a street/kickflip kinda thing... they just end up being too slow for a vert ramp, etc, but they're fun when ya don't need all that speed...

i don't do much air these days, the knees don't like it.. heck, i can barely do a flatland ollie... :doah: too old to learn that stuff... i can still bust a 3, 4' air in the halfpipe when i need to, but i generally stick to liptricks, rocks, slides, etc... lip tricks are always under-rated, the Tony Hawks Pro Skater/ x-Games crowd are only wowed by huge air, McTwist stuff usually..

thats why i love Neil Blender, he always had the most avante-garde, innovative lip tricks.. crowds'd be yawning, and all the other skaters'd be like "OMFG, did you see what he just did!", knowing how hard that stuff was...

is Mesa anywhere near any of the AZ parks?

i know of chandler and a few others... not the best tranny parks in the world, but good overall.. the street guys seem to like em.. Chandler and the others i know of are actually kinda old at this point compared to the new wave of Cali parks, but still hold their own...

10. pauly383

We are close to all the parks , I can count at least 5 of hand right now :thumb:

11. ryoken

i just poked around a little and it seems they've put up quite a few more in your area than i remember.. better tranny stuff than i remembered too..

the one i did notice was the one actually listed in mesa is supposed to be pretty stupid..
    [​IMG]

but quite a few of the others in the area look good..

hey, if my pestering you guys with skate-related posts actually gets someone out there dorking around on there board again and remembering how fun it is, that'll be a good thing...

just remember its for yourself and theres noone you need to impress.. its all about the fun man, whether its dorking around on a basketball court or rippin a backyard pool...

one of these days i'll get Jake back out there.. i told em i'm gonna come sleep in his backyard cuz they're building this down the street.. :eek1: :woot: :saweet:
    [​IMG]

12. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I can't believe I share a birthday with these turdballs:doah:

:p:

Any of you other guys do anything fun? Myself, I was up until 3 am working on a presentation that was due today.

13. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

Happy b-day turdballs:D

14. ryoken

turdball #1 didn't do much other than fondle my new deck... :o :wink1: :haha:

i gonna make up for it tommorrow by "presenting" my bones to the skate gods tho! :doah: :crazy: :haha:

hope ya at least had some liquid entertainment while working to the wee hrs... hehe, i said wee...

15. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner