Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

S/10 after mkt Parts vendors

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by BluThndr71JMMY, Feb 16, 2002.

1. BluThndr71JMMY

BluThndr71JMMY 1/2 ton status

A buddy of mine has an '88 S/10. He wants to restore it (sentimental reasons). I was wondering if any of the full size vendors like LMC, ChevyDuty, YearOne, GSPP etc.-- also deal parts for the mid-size trucks? Where do you guys get your stuff?Thanks

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I'd be surprised if there's much demand for that kind of stuff from the aftermarket. GM used the same body style up through 94 or so. This means that there are still plenty of good parts to be found in junkyards, plus GM still carries most of the parts. Body parts should be easy to find. Interior parts would depend more on how well people have taken care of them. The interior of my '91 still looks like new.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

3. BluThndr71JMMY

Kind of like it used to be for us '67-'72-ers maybe 20 years ago. If the dealer didn't have it, there was always the junkyard. I remember the bleak years after when the dealers were out of stuff or didn't want to support old trucks in the (vain) hope that you'd (finally) buy a new one. Or there was jcwhitney's and their universal stuff that might be jerry-rigged to serve in place of an OEM. GSPP was the first I saw that had OEM things and/or resto replica parts. Thus turning one's POS into a resto- in -progress.Anyway, my buddy and I went to a local J-yard and he found a salvage-able bed and cab and 2.5 L core for about 5 bills. He can do his own tin work. So he's happy with his new hobby.Thanks.

4. GMCThumper

GMCThumper Newbie

Encase your buddy still had some parts that he either wanted new or couldn't find in the junk yard I have a website that may help. Depending on exactly what he needs he may be able to order it off www.raybuck.com I know they have exterior items (I was looking for new fenders and a hood for my s-15) and I saw they had a section for interior pieces as well. The exterior come raw, as far as I know &lt; I haven't ordered anything yet &gt; so you'd have to either be up for painting them yourself or pay to have someone do it. Hope this helps if you were still looking! :)

~Thumps

5. BluThndr71JMMY

Thumper:Check your PMs.I have Raybucks' catalog.My friend is looking for a 2.5 liter core block and/or crank, plus a 5-speed Xmsn for same.Thanks BT71J