Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

S-10 Blazer lift

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by pismorat, Nov 7, 2002.

1. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

My sister has just purchased a 1994 S-10 2wd Blazer. She wants to lift it about 2" and put 31" tires on it (a girl after my own heart). I was wondering if there are companies that make 2" coil spacers for the front, we don't want to relinguish the stock ride, just the ride height. I was just going to put blocks in the back. Any suggestons? I also have a lathe, so could I possible make a set of spacers, I have never seen a design. And I am assuming that it would clear 31's, if not, we'll go 30's.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

My 4WD '91 S-Jimmy has the rear springs under the axle, so blocks can't be used to lift it. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Check to see if the 2WD rear is set up the same. I've got some add-a-leaves that raised it up about 1.5 inches, but they also stiffened the ride. My front end is torsion bar, so I can't help ya with the 2WD coils setup. Even with mine lifted, 31's won't fit. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif They rub the rear edge of the front fenderwell. I've got 30x9.50's on it and they just barely clear when the front suspension is fully compressed.

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Don't use spacers..or even lift springs.
    Use lift spindles. Same ride, same suspensoin geometry (won't wear tires funny), and more ground clearance. For the back I would do some longer shackels (2" longer for 1" of lift) and leave the springs alown. It will sit level and not hurt the ride.

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Spacers are safe to about 1", but then Ball joints start going out. The rear of S-10 Blazers are Spring under axle, so blocks would lower the rear...you need an add-a-leaf or a shackle lift. Shackle lift is about $20 at your local Auto Zone. I have a 3" body lift and 3" lift spindles from my old s-10 blazer I sold before I put the stuff on. Lift spindles won't change ride at all. I installed a kit on a Ranger, all the lift with no change in the smooth ride. 30" with a 3" lift is right, 6" combined will fit 31", possibly 32" Sell the combo to you cheap...let me know.. $250 for both spindles and body lift plus shipping. e-mail at defect369@aol.com