Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

S-10 Blazer resto parts

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by COCHEV, Nov 2, 2003.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

anyone know of a good source for s10 blazer parts. i have the LMC cataloge, but it is only for pickups. of course a lot of stuff crosses over, but i need a new lock mechanism for the rear hatch and tailgate on my 94. also need new shocks for the hatch- it falls on your head! LOL!

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Have you tried the Chevy dealer for the latch? The part on the window wears away over time, from vibrating against the latch mechanism. I've bought that part for my '91 in the last couple of years.

As for the lift shocks, most auto parts stores carry them. I bought mine at Pep Boys for around $15 each. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i need the part in the tailgate where you put the key in and it has that little knob deal that you turn one way for the glass and the other for the gate. when i baught the vehicle this part was missing. plus something is fubared inside there too cause even with somone using the botton in the dash, the latch wonth release. don't you love those little anoying problems? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

If you can't get it at the Chevy dealer, then finding it in a junkyard should be pretty easy. There are a LOT of S-10's in the junkyards around here. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif GM sold a zillion of 'em, so they should be in just about every junkyard in the country. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif