Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

S-10 needs a facelift.

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by Liberator, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

So, I've been driving this red '92 S-10 around since Feb. 1994 and I'd have to say I'm getting sick of the way it looks. It's still on stock rims and has an old granny-style camper shell with tinted bubble windows. It's sure as hell NOT gonna get this 26 year old stud laid anytime soon. I was thinking of ditching the camper shell and getting some new rims and tires. Only problem is I can't picture my truck with new rims and tires. I'd like to go to 15" rims but am unsure of the backspacing and width needed to keep it somewhat respectable (not stick out of the fenders more than an inch) but still stick more rubber to the ground. Not that I have traction problems with that monsterous, under-powered, gas guzzling 2.5 Liter 4 cylinder! OK, OK! I'll stop bashing my S-10 and get on with it! I need some suggestions on 15" rims (back-spacing and width) and possibly some pics to get an idea of what it may look like. Also does anyone know the stock back-spacing and what the heck the bolt pattern is? Well, I guess I can get off my lazy butt and check the bolt pattern myself! I really am lazy!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Bo

2. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

s10 planet.com check it out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif