Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

S.A.E vs metric threads. There all the same when you use an impact, RIGHT??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bablazer73, May 8, 2004.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Just pissin and moaning a bit!! I finally got the tranny out of the 89 blazer!!(took 3 weeks to get to this point!!) and what do I have to deal with??? Crammed in bolts that DON'T FIT!!! BUT they put them in anyways!!! Man this S#$T really ticks me off! They put a metric threaded bolt into the bellhousing and 'Effed up the block!! I can fix that with a heli-coil. But they also put standard thread bolts into the Torque Converter!! I don't need the converter, But apparantly they didn't notice that the bolts stopped BEFORE it was tight?????? The flexplate is cracked at 1 bolt hole!! It's just the STUPIDITY of it that pisses me off!
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Ok, Thats it for now. I feal better!! Thanks for listening!!

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Man, that really blows. Some people just shouldn't have tools anywhere near them.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

That would make me mad too. Hope it works out for 'yah! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Man, that really blows. Some people just shouldn't have tools anywhere near them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't that the truth

5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Gotta love the folks that think an impact wrench is the solution to all of life's little hardware problems...

[ QUOTE ]
    Some people just shouldn't have tools anywhere near them

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

That might just have to be made into a sticker...

6. biobry

biobry Registered Member

We should sick the Million Mom March on the problem with Idiots owning tools...Actually a much greater and more dangerous issue than a few guns floating around! I think this is something they could sink their tooth...er, teeth into!

Bryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif