Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

???'s about a 90 3/4 ton 4x4

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by outlaw612, Oct 10, 2004.

1. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

???\'s about a 90 3/4 ton 4x4

My brother just bought one and he asked for help changing carrier bearings in the rear. First off what rear is that? Im assuming (I havent seen it) its a 14sf because I know its not a ff. (He said it didnt have the bolt in axles)

Also, are the gov-locs any good in the SF? Its a DD and he doesnt wheel it other than a little mud here and there and he doesnt want to buy a locker. Can the gov-loc be rebuilt?

Thanks guys.

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Re: ???\'s about a 90 3/4 ton 4x4

I recently replaced the transmission in a truck for the farmer up the road from my house, it was a th400 in a 90 3/4 ton. The odometer broke at 130,000 miles a couple of years ago. This truck spends much of it's life hooked to a gooseneck trailer or pulling wagons to and from fields. The Gov-loc still works flawlessly, I had to "test drive" the truck after the tranny replacement, and what better test than some wheelin? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif So, if the locker still operates correctly he should be fine.