Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

? 's about add-a-leafs/zero rates , and info on hydraboost

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big d, Jul 10, 2003.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

? \'s about add-a-leafs/zero rates , and info on hydraboost

are they compatible for use at the same time, safely ? im just trying to squeeze a few more inches of lift out of my rig. also, any one got detailed info about hydraboost braking system ? ive checked manuals and not much help. exactly what is it, does my 79' blazer have it(i got the brake booster), id like to convert to the one ton system for the best. what does in entail ? many thanks. ps, ive read a few posts about this, but still dont understand. thanks in advance. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Re: ? \'s about add-a-leafs/zero rates , and info on hydraboost

Don't know 'bout the springs but a Hydroboost system uses pressure from the PS to work the brakes. It's for vehicles with little or no vacuum(ie diesels, cars w/ big lopey cams etc). Do a search on it, it's been hashed out many a time. And no, your K5 doesn't have it...

3. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I just did the entire hydro boost conversion ..
    theres an excellent article on it ...
    let me know what you want to know
    cam

4. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

im interested in knowing just about everything. pics would be great to. cost ? ya do new or salvage yard used ? thanks for the reply and any info u can supply. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. camiswelding

I was able to score the entire setup from pic and pull for 25.00,,, then I got the correct rebuilt hi pressure/reservoir steering pump which was 50.00... everything bolted right in in place of the vacumm setup. My brake pedal rod was 7.5 inches in both setups and there is no play. I had to do a little bracket modification on the power steering bracket and that was it. This is a 2 hour conversion. Get all the brackets off the donor truck,,, the rest is a bolt in. I havent tested it as the truck is still in the building stage 14b ff rear mod 60 front SB chevy 383. This setup allowed me to do away with the vacuum line to the rear of the quadrajet which cleaned up the rear of the engine substantially. Parts came from an 85 one ton,, blazer was an 81. There is a paper on this conversion that talks all about how to do it and the pros of the conversion... Ill try to find it and Im sure others on here have accessed it... it is well worth reading and talks about chevy brake problems and that the hydroboost is one of the best conversions you can do on your truck ( I dont know this to be true until I test it)
    cam
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. camiswelding

that brake paper I was referring to is "JIM'LS Brake Paper"
    sorry but Im too stupid to figure out how to link it so you could just go there but a google search should bring it up
    let me know
    cam

7. camiswelding

a bunch of you are asking for the web addy of the brake paper... it came off a link from K5 or a chevy site.. Im investigating... I have a hard copy...
    Ill post the addy if and when I find it
    cam

8. camiswelding