Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

?'s about my new/old 69 blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by harrisonj_32, Oct 22, 2005.

1. harrisonj_32

harrisonj_32 Registered Member

I know my way around an engine some, but i just bought a 69 blazer from a man who owns his own shop and i would like some help understand ALL of the extras. thanks,
    1969 chevy cst blazer, 355, holley card edobrock intake, headers, cam, gear drive, rolling rockers, msd ingition, dana 44 front end, auburn rear-end, 373 gears, turbo 350 tranny, shift kit, plus some other stuff. I now alot of these things but not all. Some help understand the positives and negatives would be great.

2. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Sounds like some nice upgrades to the engine. The Dana 44 would be the stock axle offered in this vehicle. My 69 K20 has a closed knuckle front axle. I would imagine yours is also closed knuckle. This knuckle is strong but doesn't give a very good turning radius. It will have drum brakes and would be easier to just get a good used axle with disk brakes if you want to ever get away from the drum brakes up front.

Any pics of the K5?

Some people will say the gear drive is a negative, others will tell you different. Any idea of the specifications for the cam?