Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

S.E.C front bumper

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CK5, Oct 11, 2000.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Just installed the S.E.C. front bumper tonight, man it looks sweet and sits up 3" higher than my old one, it's a good thing Shawn came over to help me lift it up being the bumper weighs in at 115# by it self and we had to put the winch on first. I love the way this bumper mounts, 5 bolts per side plus side braces, very beefy. I would have pics but I ran my batteries dead on my digital camera, but I will have a review this weekend.

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

2. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

does this mean you are going to give me your old one so i can replace my bent and scratched chrome bumper. buddy ol pal

<font color=red>SMP</font color=red>

3. CK5

I don't know if it would fit a 72 or not, but I already have a list of three people that want it, wish I had a few more. Give Fredd at SEC a call, his bumpers are cool and way beefy, you can swing by the house if you want to check it out.

[​IMG]

4. 85GMCJimmy

85GMCJimmy Registered Member

Hey Steve,

I have on question about these heavy bumpers, do they pull down your front end? And make it ride more lose or something,, on my jimmy i have no lift, but i would like to have a good set of bumpers to keep people from smacking me and me from hurting my truck..

5. CK5

I didn't notice any differance, but then again I have really stiff springs in the front right now, I also have a heavy bumper in the back for balance.

[​IMG]

6. 79Guy

79Guy 1/2 ton status

What is three inches higher. Overall height (Top)? VA lift laws seem to measure to the bottom of the bumper. That didn't go up, did it?

BTW, do you have the S.E.C. back bumper, too.

'79 Guy
    1 Blazer - 7 Children
    http://79guy.coloradok5.com

7. CK5

From the ground up, no, cop's dont bother with lift height here in Colorado I guess, I drove around with no bumpers for awhile and even had cops behind me and never gave me a second look. I don't have the SEC rear bumper.

[​IMG]

8. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Do you have any pics of the bumper? Or do you know where I can see a pic of the bumper?

Waiting for the surgeon general to ban K5's and Jimmys for being too addictive

9. CK5

I will have pics up this weekend, I had fredd build the bumper with a low push bar and no brush guard, it really looks good, you can see a pic on his Blazer with the full brush guard in the "vendor" section, the link is at the top of this page, the SEC banner is up there a lot also.

[​IMG]