Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

S.O.S- S.O.S

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chaka73, Aug 23, 2000.

1. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hi guys me again nice to talk to you all after a long time of not visiting coloradok5.com but I'm back, anyway here's my new problem and it's a big one too, my rear differential just kicked the bucket today and I need to replace it A.S.A.P this is my daily driver and I cannot afford to loose alot of days from work and I dont have another car or truck not even a bike, I hope somebody lives in southern California and maybe they can give me a hand to exchange them I will pay them obviously I'm not looking for a free job so if somebody does live in southern Cal. please let me know appreciated thanks guys, by the way here's some pictures of the shot pumpking.

check out my new site, thanks Steve!
    http://chaka73.coloradok5.com

2. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

I live in socal the high desert and the local pick a part has three 4x suburbans 1/2 ton and weekends are anything you can fit in a wheel barrow is a 100$ so thats an option other wise I was checking around and its 350$just to do bearings without new gears add 175$for gears about 500 easy.but a place in rancho cucamonga called performance differential is the best localy also call 4west.

3. 76GMCJimmyinAZ

76GMCJimmyinAZ Registered Member

Hey Cooper- BREATHE!!! =) I got winded just reading that post!

GUZZLES GAS BUT IT'S FREE AND CLEAR!!!

4. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Chaka,
    Do you need help with the install or getting the diff? If you need help I'm in San Diego if that's near you let me know. If you need help finding the diff I recommend checking out your local Auto Trader/Parts Trader. I don't know where you're at so I'm not sure if you have one or not. My second suggestion is that if your main concern is getting your rig back on the road ASAP then visit Ecology or Pick Your Part, both places are cheap as dirt and odds are you'll find a complete diff, barkes and all. One thing I've noticed here with these yards is that the vultures pick at the vans less than the trucks. So if you can't find one off a truck, pick one off a van. Just make sure you've got the right measurements for the spring perches and shock mounts. This should also cure the 3" narrower track width in the rear, good luck.

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

That looks similar to what I just did to my D44 except that all my ring gear teeth look like that broke one, but a little farther broken.

Also, my diff has a ton of gouges in it form the pinion trying to mate with it!

I know you pain!

Mike
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com

6. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

yeah, where in So cal are you. Im in orange county, but know a few yards in So. LA county, Do you want to just get one out of a Junker to throw in? or what. I'd be more than happy to help if i can, good Karma, it'll come back to me eventualy, Maybe if a bunch of us can get together, we can go romp it after its fixed.

RaisedK5

"Friends don't let friends drive Fords"