Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"S" shaped centerlink

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5thatShmobs, Dec 4, 2002.

1. K5thatShmobs

K5thatShmobs 1/2 ton status

\"S\" shaped centerlink

In the past I can remember seeing "S" shaped centerlinks (aka draglink) that lower to give 2-4 inches of correction. I still need a little extra correction, and this seems like a good fix.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Re: \"S\" shaped centerlink

<font color="green"> I had one of these, personally I think that they are a PITA. A raised steering arm is a better fix.

Evan </font color>

3. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

They're made by superlift and they're expensive new... Try and find one used! I just posted a Autozone part #for the ends that are needed with it! Try a search!

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

What you get is just a cure for the ball joints, you will still have the problems of bump steer but you will not wear as much ball joints.
    Go with a raised steering arm.

5. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

Hey Batmanir. What are the part # at autozone for the superlift drag link ends.
    Colin

6. K5thatShmobs

I have a raised steering arm and a dropped pitman, but the centerlink still sits at a crappy angle. Im not sure what the correction is on both of those though. Who makes an "S" shaped besides superlift?

7. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

That is usually the case with the people that use a drop draglink... They already have a 4"-6" raised steering arm and/or a drop pitman arm... All they need to do is correct the problem slightly... I found the drop draglink attached to something I already was getting, didn't know I was going to need it till now. Since I did, I searched to find ends! The issue I see, is that most people on this site are quick to assume.... Yes, it is better to use a drop pitman arm or raised steering arm, but sometimes that isn't enough! Now about the bump steer, I slightly disagree unless that is all you plan on using... The Drop pitman arm does the same effect on correcting the proble on the road, offroad, as long as you're still running the drag link to the left side, you're always going to have a problem with bump steer! Again, I don't suggest using the drop draglink as a correct all to use alone, go raised steering arm or drop pitman.... But to correct a slight angle or to gain the right angle after all else used, It definately helps.... Also, most times in my experiance, a bad steering stabilizer is the cause of poor bumpsteer, not a drop draglink!
    The Auto zone Part # for the ends are as follows:
    Superlift Drop Drag Link Ends:
    AutoZone: ES2234R $24.99 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Superlift: 3040-1 $49.99 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

You have to shorten the 2234R by 1.5" with a hacksaw, but other than that, Priceless!
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

HEy tanks for the part #. Is that part # for both ends.
    Colin

9. K5thatShmobs

Wait, so the autozone ends are for the superlift dropped link without the ends? Or are they angled ends I can use with the stock draglink?