Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

S.SWAMPER SX/BOGGERS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by extremeblazer, Jan 9, 2001.

1. extremeblazer

extremeblazer 1/2 ton status

I AM CURRENTLY RUNNING SUPER SWAMPER SX 36X12.5X16.5. THESE TIRES LOOK GREAT AND THE SIDE WALLS REALLY HELP BUT THESE STEEL BELTED BEAST REALLY BOUNCE ON THE ROAD WHEN COLD AND ARE HARD HITTING ON BUMPS BUT I DON'T MIND, ACTUALLY I KIND OF LOVE IT THATS WHAT A TRUCK IS FOR. i JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW DO BOGGERS COMPARE TO THEM ON THE ROAD AND HOW LONG DO THEY LAST. REMEMBER I HAVE STEEL BELTED SX NOT RADIALS OR REGULAR SWAMPERS. SO COMPARE AND LET ME KNOW.

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>Please turn off your cap locks, it makes it hard to read.</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

3. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Everything I ever heard of says stick with the S/X's. The Boggers will cold-spot as bad or worse if you can even get them close to balanced. Boggers are reputed to wear pretty bad on the road,too. I've had the steel belted S/X's before and loved 'em and they really seemed to not wear badly. The Boggers also have no lugs to prevent side-slip on trailruns and have a tendency to start digging for China if ya let them.

"I'm not stuck...I'm just re-evaluating my line"

4. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

I've got Boggers on my daily driver. I haven't had any problems with them so far but I'd stick with the SX's. The Boggers look mean as hell but they bolong in the dirt. The tire noise sounds like a B-17 bomber flying down the street. I love the look and the sound but the tread is a little too harsh for the road. I'm looking for some radials to use daily and reserve the boggers just for fun.

BLAZER FOOD!!
    [​IMG]