Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

S&W cage, whats it run? anyone?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Oct 19, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Thinking S&W 10 point cage will simplify my time with my cage. A friend is looking into tubing for me but since I need so very much (I forgot how much is in cages), then I'm thinking I should just get a kit.

2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

The kits are a lot less hassle,plus all the tubing is pre bent..............

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

doh, I forgot to pose the question, how much?

4. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have some cataloges somewhere around here, Ill see what i can find

5. bigmike72

bigmike72 Registered Member

according to the SWracecars website (www.swracecars.com) the 10 point cages are $219.95 + shipping. Shipping looks to run in the $100 range.

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I can't remember for sure, but I think mine was under 200 delivered.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

200 for 10 point? I would only use 6 points of course but need the door bars.

8. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

My prices might be different. I use to Buy Direct from them when I had my shop. but they do run specials. I have seen them for 149.95. There in Pa, so shipping shouldn't be bad. They use fed ex ground.

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

oh hey they aren't too far from me /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif I can go pick it up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, yeah they are like 20 miles away.

10. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Make sure they are COMPLETELY POSITIVE on what you want. I got jerked all around from them. And ended up costing me more and lots of arguing. I wouldnt buy from them again. But, I may have just had a bad experience.

Ken H.

11. atlantak-5er

atlantak-5er 1/2 ton status

Mine came on time and it cost around $275 total. It did not fit into my 75 very well. Had to cut the main hoop and some of the tubes. Luckily nothing was too short though. For the price, I am happy and it is a solid design.

12. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I am pretty sure the last time I checked they had prices on their web page, so either they took them off or you guys are some lazy biatches /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

http://www.swracecars.com/roll%20bars%26cages.html

13. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Not sure how much, but they usually have a sale every once in a while. I have their cage in my ride.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

Just thought you guys would like to know I ordered my cage from them today and they now have an 8 point and 10 point family cage I bought the 8 point it was 248.90 plus shipping all came out a little over 300 . I will let you guys know what its like when I get it.
    Earl

15. 74beater

74beater 1/2 ton status

sweeeeeeeeeeet..
    how did you mount..to the frame or the floor..if frame, how did you do it..
    THANKS

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY SAWZALL
    TWISTING DRIVESHAFTS SINCE '00

16. Mudzer

I welded 1/8" plate to the floor and the cage is sitting just above the body mount brackets. I plan to brace it much better when I boatside the truck! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm replacing floorpan with 1/4" plate and rockers with 4x2" rectangle stock. I will be welding my cage to this. Likely I will only have a main hoop, door bars, dash bar, and brow bar now. Going to convert to half cab so can't run the rear supports through the half cab. I'm not too worried. It will be better than no cage.

18. don scholl

don scholl Newbie

Hello all!
    Ken - I'm sorry you feel you got "jerked around" by our company, it sure isn't the way we do business. Send me an email and I'll try to get to the bottom of it.
    Our roof hoop and windshield bars are deliberately left a little long to allow for variations in main hoop placement. We've been in the drag race chassis business for over 40 years and the rules we're used to are very specific as to main hoop placement in relation to the driver's size. That's not something you off-road guys are as concerned with so maybe we can get our cage a little more exact in the future. I just offer this as an explaination as why trimming is sometimes necessary.
    As stated you can see our cages on our website www.swracecars.com
    8 point roll bars are $149.95
    10 point cages are $219.95
    We offer a new rear cage addition (I think Earl called it a "family bar") for the 73-87 Blazers for $99.95 - it is designed to be used with our 10 point for the 73-87.

Shipping varies state to state.

Here's a special offer just for the readers of ColoradoK5!!
    Mention you read this post on ColoradoK5 and I'll take $40.00 off your roll cage purchase till January 1 2004.

Looking forward to doing business with all of you.

As always - feel free to contact me.

Don Scholl

19. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

A discount for Ck5ers? Oh I will definetally be in touch in the next few days. Hopefully they have saturday business hours and I can go get the cage this weekend. And I think the whole trimming bars is a good thing. I was actually hoping that the kit was this way so I could decide later where my main hoop will be mounted.

20. Mudzer

Don,

I am happy with my cage, but I think there may be a few extra tubes in your cage that is not necessarily needed in our trucks. Maybe you could modify these a little.

First off, I didn't use my door bars as intended. I think you should notch them or at least notch one end so the tube will fit parallel to the floor. With a tall truck, we really have trouble getting in with the door bars how they are intended. Modifying the design will give us a more useable product.

I would say a triangulation bar in the main hoop would be nice as well as one for the Halo that could actually dip upward into the concave portion of our tops.

I would gladly give you measurements if you needed.

Again, not trying to step on your toes, but sometimes user input is real effective.

As for being jerked around. S&W did a great job at shipping my products and delivered when they said they would.

Lastly, could you forward some pics of your Family cage setup or if you need a guinea pig to install one and post pics, I'd be happy to do so.

Email me at neilp@mwengrs.com

Thanks,

Neil /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif