Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

S & W cages

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 55Willy, May 25, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Who here is running a weld together kit from S&W? I'm looking at getting one but need some info first.

How well did it fit?
    Do you run a full topper or half top?
    Any pics??
    My main concern is the 2nd bar(main loop behind seats) I need a width and hiegth to see if it will work in the wagon, since I have the blazer floor it can't be too hard to make it fit.

-Jeremy

2. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

I'm in the process of putting one in now in my 88 K5. I will let you know how it comes out. I will also post some pictures. It seems like there will be allot of cutting, depending on where you mount the main hoop. I wanted the main hoop inside the half top so all of the front pieces will have to be cut.

3. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

Here is the progress of the S&W roll cage install. I have the main hoop the rear supports and the seat cross bar installed for now. I purchased a 10 point but I think I will stop here for now. Too many other things to do. The fit was pretty good, so far I cut down the main hoop 1/2 inch and I ground the rear supports a little to get the right angle. Here are some pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

looks awesoem, can I ask ya favor???? can ya pull a tape on the main hoop for me. I'm wonder if I have to narrow all of it up...also I was planning on the 10 point cage too but change the rear set up to better fit my needs.

-Jeremy

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Im liking it so far, keep us updated. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

I'm at work now so when I get home I will measure the main hoop for ya.

7. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

I measured the main hoop at the widest point and it is 64 1/2 inches wide. About 1/4 inch on either side. What are you putting it in? They might have one for your application, or onr that is a little closer in width like a S-10 or some thing.

8. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

9. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

I havent installed my front supports yet, what did you do about the door handles. I think I will have to remove mine so I can close the door. Looks great! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Is it tied to the frame at all? Do you have any more pictures?

10. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

My floor is a blazer, basicly my outside wall is your inside wall. I figured the blazer would be the closest in fitting. It's going in my wagon.

11. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I Have a couple more pics, but my computer is really retarded and can't get them to post! The door handles are fine. The armrests hit the down tubes. I am gonna make some sort of door flat panel