Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

S&W Roll Cage questions

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by aksidentproan, Jul 17, 2002.

1. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

I was lookin around for cages today and came across the S&W 8 point roll cage. Does anybody have this cage? Does it fit under a STC Snap-Top? Any other cage suggestions? I'm not lookin to spend more then ~350 bucks. Thanks.

Evan

2. swamp donkey

swamp donkey 1/2 ton status

Just be aware that this cage needs to be welded in. Unless you can do it, a shop can charge $700+ to weld it in for you. That makes it more like $1000 for the cage /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

I can do all the welding myself so thats not a problem. I just need to know if it will fit under my new soft top and if I'll have to modify it for the back seat.

Evan

4. lizard

lizard 1/2 ton status

The only advise I can offer is to find a customer with the roll cage and see for yourself. It was this same question that let me to purchase a JD2 Model 3 so I can fabricate a cage myself.

Anybody in North Florida want ot go in on some tubing? I gots the bender /forums/images/icons/smile.gif