Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

s10 blazer 4x4 to zr2

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekquistk5, Aug 15, 2006.

1. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Well Zr2.com is no help, they denied my acess to post because I do not have a zr2(no picture). I was wondering if you can take zr2 IFS parts and put them on a non zr2 blazer to lift it a little. TJ(big83chevy4x4) thinks the frames are different, but can anyone conform this for me. The rear shouldn't be a problem, the front is what I'm not sure of. I should be getting a 99 blazer for very cheap from my parentals, and kinda want to make it a dd/ weekend warior. Trying to fit 31-33's...

2. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I don't know if the frames are different. I know the zr2 had a way wider track width than a stock s10 I am thinking the front of the frames are different cause you can't use a normal s10 lift on a zr2

3. BadBob

BadBob 1/2 ton status

The frames are substantially different. The rear axle is also 4" wider on the ZR2.

4. jekquistk5

Well it looks like I'll have to just crank the Tbars and get longer shackles for now, then save up for a lift or do SAS right of the bat..... Hmmm I do have a spare front 10blt:rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

The frame is quite different. That's where the lift and front track width is created.

You'd get a similar look by running conventional offset wheels, adding a body lift, and cutout flares.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

zr2 rear leaves will provide lift on a standard s10 but have a lower load capacity(quite a bit lower if I remember right)

7. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

When we were dissecting our S10 for SAS, I was brewing some ideas about a home brew lift. It involved swapping the torsion bars, left to right, right to left. I think it would give you about 3-4" of lift. Then alignment would be the only issue, you could probably look into a ball joint flip or something. Or you could buy some used A-arms. Oh wait....I still have a superlift kit laying around here too....:deal:

8. jekquistk5

well I'm not going to buy anything until I buy the blazer... I really dont want to do the body lift b/c everyone says it looks retarded b/c the frame hangs soo low. We shal see when the day comes, I was just tossing arround ideas. Its not the zr2 look i'm too worried about, I just hate the small azz tires on it. I want it a little taller, with some good tires, so its capable off road. I do want it to not look like a hack job though b/c I will be driving it everyday

9. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

do a sfa, it can be cheaper than buying a lift, and you can get a good amount of lift out of it, i just got a s-10 sitting on a sfa and with 4 inch springs it is at about 10 inches of lift

10. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

WTF??

11. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Well it's hard to do a SFA without going with a lot of lift. I think our's came out to 13-14" of lift, which is good for about the 35-38" tire range. Sounds like he'd like to keep things fairly mild though.

12. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

They are 5-leaf as opposed to 3-leaf on most S10 models.

13. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Hmm, we've got some 3 leaf ZR2 springs in the back of our SAS project. I don't know what era S10 they're from though.