Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

s10 blazer on a full size blazer frame qustions?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79mudder, Aug 25, 2006.

1. 79mudder

79mudder Registered Member

i got alot of questions. lets start by steering . ive read on here a while back about useing it from a astro van? how about front fender clearence [fire wall] will i have to extend the fenders? by the way this is a four door s 10 blazer. all the info you guys got will help me decide to do it or not. any pictures will help too. thanks.

2. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

the best thinkg to do is start measuring, the measurments are pretty close between the frames. One question though why ditch the s-10 frame, it is already boxed in on the front half and stronger than a k-5 frame, if you are looking to go sfa it is not to hard to do that on a normal s-10 frame

3. 79mudder

79mudder Registered Member

its just that i got a s10 body setting in the back yard with absoulutely no rust and paint aint too bad, just thought it would be differentand look realy cool. i think it would be easier than doing the front axle swap and putting the motor in the s10.

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

www.sky-manufacturing.com offers a full width axle conversion kit for the front that the guys at www.s10extremist.com are using alot. its based off of their full width conversion for Toyotas. take that, along with a Dana 44 or Dana 60 from a leaf sprung late 70s Ford, and you should even be able to use the stock transfer case. the rear suspension is pretty easy to address. a springover conversion along with a shackle flip should get you at least 8" of lift for the back. with aftermarket springs, the sky is pretty much the limit.

5. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

You can't do a shackle flip on an S10, they're not a tension shackle. It's already set up as a compression shackle. A spring over conversion gave us about 7-8" of lift by itself with our S10 though.

6. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

The astro steering box is only if you're using the S10 frame. We're using one in the S10 that we SAS'd and SOS'd. We moved the axle forward about 5", so we won't be getting firewall clearance issues. There's some pics HERE.

7. TheSunDanceKid

TheSunDanceKid Registered Member

pvfjr we have like the same blazer besides the lift

8. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Mine is six lug. :p: Then there's the minor difference of about 13" of lift...