Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

s10 body on a k5? anyone done it

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by spartan4x4, Nov 30, 2004.

1. spartan4x4

spartan4x4 Registered Member

anyone out there done this? i'm using a 78 K5 body and a s10 reg. cab shortbed truck, i've seen pics, but nothing letting me know what i can expect besides alot of fabrication. thanks (new member here)

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the site! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

This has been covered a lot over the last couple of months. Try a search using hybrid or S10. Here is the last thread. . There is some good info in there. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions. I a have an S10 Blazer on K5 frame, my brother has an S10 Extended Cab on Sub frame.

3. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

James,
    DO you know off the top of your head what the wheel base is on an extened cab s-10, same body style as yours? i hoping its around 117"
    THanks Brad

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

it is 117" IIRC. i have been kicking around the idea of SFAing an x cab S10 after my rig is done for. SFA on the same drivetrain as my truck has now would probably kick some hardcore ass under an S10.

5. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

if you go on www.s10extremist.org , you will find out some info needed. we have one guy in our group who has done this.he put an s10 extended cab on a k5 frame. i have seen this truck in action at uwharrie. looks pretty cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.
    if i remember correctly , he had put a hole in the hood for the radiator cap to stick through , and he also shortened the bed.
    if you go to www.4wheelpartsadventures.com , you can see
    a pic of it in action. when you get their , click on past issues , then look for " s10 extremists in action at uwharrie " ,. scroll down you will see him "brandon" in hos 1986 s10/k5 . /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I'll try to post up some pics of mine. I have a 1995 S-10 Extended Cab mounted on a SWB Frame (118" wb) and have mounted my 56" rear springs backward to get a 122" wheel base. The Cab sets back to where the front of the fender/hood is just over centerline of the front tire.

Not Exactly what you are posting about, but wanted to chime in with similar project of S-Dime on a Fullsize frame.