Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

s10 clutch replacement

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by protechk5, Jun 6, 2005.

1. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

i know this might not be the right place, but i dont really like any of the s10 sites(no one knows what they talking about) but on my 2000 zr2 my clutch is gone (80,000). does anyone know whats the best clutch to get? has anyone used one of autozones heavy duty ones? also anything else i should replace while all that crap is out? Thanks

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

goto www.dialaclutch.com and get a luk clutch kit for your truck.
    You don't want to play guessing games with the amount of labor that goes into the job. Luk is an OEM manufacture and uses all new parts.
    Alot of those parts stores only sell reman clutches. I don't think I'd trust thier new clutches either, if they offer them.
    I've done many many clutch jobs, at this point I would not even think about a reman clutch (about 75% blow up rate in 1st 2000mi), and I'd be leary of generic new clutches (abouit 30% blow up rate in 1st 10000mi). So now I only use name brand, actually I only use LUK, and I've never had one come back yet.

3. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I have done quite a few clutches myself and haven't had a problem with any of the ones I've gotten from Auto Zone or NAPA (since they get their clutches from the same supplier). I like the fact that if you get a clutch from AZ you get a lifetime warranty... So even if you do burn it up or blow it up, the next one is free. Just my opinion though but I don't drag race my full size so maybe I'm not abusing my clutch enough to need anything better. :rolleyes: