Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

S10 door ??

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by TwoCrowsDesign, Jan 14, 2002.

1. TwoCrowsDesign

TwoCrowsDesign 1/2 ton status

Is removing and installing the doors on an s10 as simple as popping the hinge pin out and popping it back in again, or is more complicated than that? I hear they're a drag to adjust once they are on, has anyone got any words of wisdom?

What about the innards? How difficult to swap the guts from one door into another door? Not that it matters how difficult it is, the job still has to get done.

I've got an 89 s15 Jimmy. When I bought the thing a month ago, it came with two freshly painted door shells, and two donor doors complete with glass and electric (supposedly fully operational).

Thanks,

John

2. Jamus

Jamus Registered Member

There is no adjustment in the S-10 doors. Their mounts are welded on. If the doors are sagging, all you can do is replace the bushings. If you don't have power doors or locks the job is much easier. All you do is pound out the pins. The doors should be the same so that you can swap everything out.

94 Blazer, 4.3 cpi, 3" body lift, SFA with dana 30/Ford 9", 33's

3. TwoCrowsDesign

Cool, thanks for the response. Well, the doors are all electric so I suppose that'll be fun!

John

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

The door on my s truck was swapped out because of a wreck befor I bought it. It doesn't shut well and the gaps are off a bit. If you want to adjust them you have to grind off the welds and than weld them back up...Mine is my passanger door so I will leave it.

Have you thought about a new door skin?

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

5. TwoCrowsDesign

I have 6 doors for this truck! The previous owner was doing all the body and paint work in phases so the front (fenders &amp; hood) looks really nice. He made as far as getting the doors shot with paint before deciding to move to Florida. So I have two nicely painted doors that only need to be color sanded, buffed, filled with glass and related components and slapped onto the vehicle.

I'm hoping that they'll line up nicely, but have been told that you can do some minor tweaking by slightly bending the hinge brackets.

Thanks for the note,

John