Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

S10 extended cab on a blazer frame?

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by 4GUNZ4X4Z, Mar 9, 2003.

1. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Has anyone put aa S10 extended cab on a blazer frame? I'm in the works now, but starting to think I need to ditch the blazer frame for a longer one.

2. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

It works...but a regular cab would be ideal. Click on my web page below and check out pages 4, 5 or maybe 6. the K5 frame is a little short, but with 4" of suspension lift and custom body mounts, I am running 44's. I will need to cut the front fenders and a little of the cab corners, but it shouldnt be too bad. It is a lot of work to do this conversion, but so far I love it!! Light as a feather too!! Well, light as 44's, hummer rims, d60/14ff can be!!

I plan on doin a write up on this in the near future.

Rob

3. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Alright rock on!!! Thats way cool keep me informed on the project. Starting mine soon, maybe in the next few weeks. I noticed the body sits right on the frame, did you have any clearance problems with the floorboard? I'm gonna miss being the fullsize out on the trail around all the little trucks, but its all about the function. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i was thinking about doing the same thing wih my k5. the body is bad but its got a good stock drivetrain..i was wondering..if you had clearence problems with the tranny tunel or anything like that..with it being different and all.

5. Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson Registered Member

I have a ex-cab on a shortened suburban frame. If someone can post some pics, I will e-mail them. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

Sounds awesome I'd love to see it.I want to do something similar with an extended cab as well.

7. Jim Johnson

I e-mailed you some pics.....The truck is still under construction. I will try and keep you guys updated

8. Jim Johnson

For some reason I can not reply to this thread - only edit my own posts?????

Mine has a 124" wheelbase, and tires are several inches from rubbing cab - I would not worry about rubbing - Kinda depends on how far back you sit your cab/motor/trans on teh frame. I have mine moved back 10"......

9. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Hey Jim do you have any other pics of your S10? Maybe some closer views?

10. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Bringing this back up.... Lets get some more info going.

I'm planning on installing an Extended Cab on my K5 frame. I would like the same amount of Setback that Jim Johnson has, does anyone know if this can be done on a K5 frame? Jim, what wheelbase do you have?

11. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Yeah Jim where are you? Mudzer and I want to barrow your truck or anyone else out there that doesn't mind getting drilled with a few more questions.

Mudzer I did a search awhile back and if I remember correctly a Suburban wheelbase was really close or the closest to a S10 extended cab wheelbase. My fears are rubbing the back of the cab. I really don't want to 1/4 tub the cab, because of lack of space that already exists and a regular cab is out of the question. Someone e-mailed me some pics of their S10 and it was really nice. It was on a K5 frame and sitting on 42's, but damn if the rear tires weren't right on the cab or at least seemed like it from the pic.

12. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Yield, did you do a write up yet? Would love to see it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

damn that is just TO cool!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Just to answer some ?'s before a full write up...

The amount of set back Jim has will be nearly impossible with anything less than a 1-ton/suburban frame. When I did the 4-link, we moved my rear axle back 14" (now its 120"0)...My only complaint is that its a little talll. Not the full size truck on 44's tall, but the its a little to tall for my liking rockcrawler tall...

All the body mounts had to be cut off of the K5 frame and new ones made out of 2 x 4 rect. tubing. Not really that hard though.

Let me get the digital camera out today and I will shot some pics so its a little more clear.

Rob

15. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Cool lets see em'. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Snap a straight on side shot or profile view. I would like to do some photo chopping. Plus, let us know your wheelbase, and suspension information.

17. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

OK....Trying to find the camera. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyway, as an update, I have decided to cut my body mounts off and re-do them so the truck cab sits lower. I have also removed the whole front clip and am either going to use tube and diamond plate (ala DBlazer), or use a Hummer hood (H1) that I can get for 25 bucks and narrow it.

The reason I want it lowered (the cab)is so--- A) it wont be super tall with the 44's, and B) so it still fits in my garage!!

Rob

18. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Back to top, waiting on write up.... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

19. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

how far above stock K5 cab height is your S-10 cab?

j

20. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Back to the top. Has anyone done a writeup on this yet? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif