Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

s10 project plans so far

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Jan 11, 2005.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

91 short bed reg cab frame with a 90 extended cab and a home built flatbed/rollbar 4.3v6 700r4 np 208 c10b full width axles front and rear enough lift to flex 33's and fiberglass front desert race style fenders trying to keep it light and economical as possible and tough enough to be dependable

you guys think its worth doing or should i find beefier stuff?

2. original balzer

maybe 3 am was the wrong time to post this and expect responces

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

sounds like a good plan to me. If you plan on airing it out(desert fenders) I'd lose the 208 and get a 241. Slip Yokes and landing don't mix well. Also you will want to really figure out your travel before you get those fenders. If you air it out, land, and stuff a tire into one of those fenders that sure would suck. On a stock width setup the tires would be in the fender wells but with full widths they will be out there probably around where the outer edge of that fender will be.

4. original balzer

the fenders wont be for jumping just for extra width to cover tires and bigger wheel wells to clear the tires i have to try to keep them covered here in utah they only alow 3" of tire past the fender so im sure ill have to figure out something on the back o plan on running detatchabl trailer style fenders to stay within the law or i might just build the flat bed wide enough to cover then
    im hopeing if i have the back tires legal they wont bother me so much about the front tires sticking out past legal limits but time will tell
    this project is because gas prices and to give the local toyota guys some compitition on the trails :thumb:

5. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

6. original balzer

AWESOME thanx a bunch i been looking for a site like this :waytogo: :bow: :saweet: