Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

S10 radiator sizing? V8 swap thing

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Nov 27, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Going to do a V8 swap on an S10 really soon, does anyone have any idea what size aluminum radiator will fit in the S10? I don't have the thing here to look. I have what I think(need to go measure) is a 30" howe racing 2 core Aluminum rad I got a long time ago. I'm thinking it may not fit. if it doesn't its going in my Tow rig. Anyone?

2. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

Find the Stealth conversion website and buy an aluminum radiator for the 84-89 Corvette. I bought the V8 conversion manual and thats what they recommend.

Later

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

yes find a website like jags that run and go with the radiator from the vette. link; https://shell7.tdl.com/~jags/S-10_Order.html

86-88 vette rad is $190 and the aftermarket one is $130 /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I went to a local race shop to settle some debts and we looked at his S10 street truck, his has an IROC radiator, and measuring it seemed like my Aluminum rad will fit.

5. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I went to a local race shop to settle some debts and we looked at his S10 street truck, his has an IROC radiator, and measuring it seemed like my Aluminum rad will fit.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Make sure you have enough room between the engine fan and the radiator too. A fan shroud is a good thing to have too.

Later

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

What engine fan /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I don't know what his setup was but my friend at the shop with his S10 had like an inch between his pulley and his radiator and had pusher fans on the front of the radiator.

7. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I don't have a V8 in my S10 fleet, but living on the surface of the sun here, I have converted them over to two row aluminum radiators from Ron Davis Radiators. They have a GM style radiator that I get with the correct size hose nipples installed on them with a 3/4" fitting for the heater return and a bung for a petcock. These radiators are about as close to a drop in radiator as a person can get with only minor mods to the fan shroud (trimming/spacing) needed. On the 4.3L's I am still able to use the belt driven fan asm. I have a few customers who have used this type/size radiator for V8 swaps with good results. On my 4.3L's, the trucks will not go over 200*F in summer, in traffic, A/C on and in non-summer months it runs about 180* (with a 195 stat). Great radiators for a good price. If you inquire about this rad you are looking for a 31" OAL, 16" tall and 3" thick unit.