Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

S10 V8 Mounts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, May 15, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Yeah I know we have an S10 forum, just want the more exposure, besides it will practically be a full size when done :). So who makes the best V8 mounts for an S10? This is an already 4x4 S10 with a 2.8L. JTR seems to have some nice ones, but they say they position the motor towards the driver side for exhaust to steering shaft clearance, my headers allow the steering shaft to go through them so thinking this could actually create clearance issues. Like that they design it so the motor sits a little lower though. Definetally going to get their oil pan kit instead of paying $250 for a new one from someone else.

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

those headers are designed for the JTR motor mounts. it will fit just fine. if you don't move the motor over, the steering shaft will hit the header.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

cool, I'll get the JTR ones then.

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Every question you actually want an answer to should be posted in the garage anyways!

Non-paying members
    Can't send PM's
    Can't get PM's
    Can't post anywhere other then the garage
    Can't reply anywhere other then the garage and CoG

I sometimes try to email people in the 1st gen forum to answer their questions but that is getting frustrating. Chances are that if Steve doesn't change the other forums to be like the CoG is now (where non-paying members can reply to paying members posts) I will get frustrated and stop comming here at all. I am sure there are others that feel the same way (like MJ and Steve Chin for 2 examples). I don't even get email notification of replys to posts I have made so chances are I won't reply to this one again either :crazy:

To actually answer your question you just need to make sure the headers you have will work with the mounts. Normally you should just buy the adapters of the same brand as the headers to be sure it works.

5. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

i went with the trans dapt ones from jegs, i havnt mocked up my motor yet so i dont know how they fit, i also have the heddman shorties

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

same headers as me. Sadly no one makes a good set of 1 5/8" primary headers for a 4x4 S10, at least one less than $250. As far as I know no one that makes mounts also makes headers. Different companies.

7. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

if you do some research, the hedmans say to use the JTR mounts. i had the hedmans and the JTR and they fit just fine.

8. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Advance Adaptors sells a set also basically the same thing which ever is cheaper go with them. The Headman 68600 (I Think) are the headers that you want. The oil pan is really easy to make but you only need it if you are going to keep the IFS front if your doing a stright axel don't worry about it. Just cut out the cross member and fab a new one.

9. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

have you looked into the sanderson headers? i think those have the 1 5/8's