Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

saaaaaaaaaaaaaweeeet!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Jul 1, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, I agree, that does look pretty good! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Probably about time Dodge had a more practical sports car other than the Prowler. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Did you get that it's a four-door? I just got that in rereading, pretty cool to tool the wife and kids around in... It's got a Corvette look to it, too.

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

WTF?!?! I had to go back and click on the link again to read that!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

That makes it even better!!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Maybe get the wifey to trade her '95 Grand Am for one of these now!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've seen that befor. I like it alot. Just wish it was a 2 door. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thats got some sweet lines... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I hate about 99.9% of the new designs that come out of detroit these days. I'm impressed with this car, Dodge seems to have made a neat retro/modern thing happen.

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'm /forums/images/icons/confused.gif how did dodg3 get the look right w/ that and not any of the rest, ( in my book) did anyone look at the other concept idea's /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Yuck!!!!!!

9. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

yeah i've seen the hemi up close, neat interior features, but i wouldnt buy a car that looked like that...
    however i did get to hear it run, and it sounded sweet, so i have to give them credit for that

10. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    So its a concept car. I want one. We have been looking for a really sporty 4 door. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif I want to know when and if they come out and for how much $$$$

11. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Ummmm, 4-door Charger? That is total bull$hit IMHO. If it is a Charger, it's gotta be 2-door, V8, RWD. Having a 4-door Charger would be like having a FWD Trans Am!

12. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

I personally would like to see all of the Big 3 retire the names of muscle cars. Unless they're going to have very similar styling and of course as mentioned big v8's, RWD, and not much else... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif None of this new computer junk too... Makes it too expensive to modify/tune up... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif Just my opinion...

That "thing" that they call the Charger looks way too new. I hate this new aerodynamic styling junk where unless you stare at it for a while it all looks the same... Bring back the old body styles... If they brought back the 69-72 body style heck yeah I'd jump at the chance to own one if they could make a frame/body combination and make it halfway sturdy like the old ones were. Of course the computer junk would be gutted and a 426 hemi tossed in... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

It has a V8 and RWD... </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    has a powerful V8 matched with a five-speed manual transmission that drives the rear wheels.

[/ QUOTE ] And I think they did a hell of a job hiding that rear door, I just think that its pretty sharp looking compared to some of the newer stuff on the market.
    Man I'd love to be filthy rich and go to GM and design a new fulltopper Blazer...Thats always been a dream of mine... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

14. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

You've gotta admire dodge. They actually produce some cool cars that started as concepts. Prowler. PTCruiser. Viper. Now the first 2 of those aren't exactly up my alley, but I think it's great that they had the balls to go ahead and produce them! Pretty cool.

15. highwaydevil

highwaydevil 1/2 ton status

The only problem I see, is how hard is it to find natural gas that that thing burns?

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I agree Sandman! Everything modern is styled from a tin can. I rolled across this car and thought "Man, this is the closest anyone's going to get to my taste in a modern vehicle!"

Maybe it doesn't completely earn the Charger name, but it bears an undeniable resemblance to the era!

For a modern car I think it's pretty nice looking.

Blaze, I didn't know it was 4-door until I did a double take. I thought it looked nice before I knew that, and being a family man about to buy another f-body, that struck me as pretty damn cool to boot.

Bottom line is really, noone's going to make a production model that fits with what most of us are into; Steel vehicles with horsepower-plants in the front spinning tires in the rear without a ton of emission control poop. Heck, as far as I knew, the last rear wheel drive GM car under $30k was the 90's Caprice, right?? Especially if the F-body's retired!

So I thought this car looked pretty cool. I'd buy it if I could afford it.

And yeah, the other concept's are pretty friggin wierd lookin'!

17. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

same thing i was thinking