Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sac town wheeler looking for company

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Brownjoe, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Brownjoe

Brownjoe Registered Member

I have love for off roading but am still very new to the game. I live in Sacramento and am looking for some wheeling buddies and trails nearby. can anybody help

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Well to get you started fill out your profile so we know what kind of truck you have. We comunicate allot here so keep an eye on when our next adventure will be. You have a few Sacratomato folks here too, so your not alone /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Have Fun and welcome!

3. Brownjoe

thanks for replying. I have not set up my profile because I have not taken a decent picture of my rig yet but that should take place within the week. I look forward to hanging with you all. peace.

4. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Welcome bro, again like Burt mentioned fill out your info. see ya around. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

After i finish buying a dd ill be trying to go up to hollister once every week or two let me know when you wanna go.

6. Brownjoe

thanks for the invite Even, when is the next time you plan on going.

7. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

There are a few of us up and in Sac area.
    Bill /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Chevycagal and I are in Sac.. Kidjethro is in Nevada City/Grass Valley. Blazenheart is up there too, but i think she works in sac area? Topoff is in Sac Area, and so is XPLOSUV. :-)

We may almost have enough to throw something here!

9. Brownjoe

well thank you for such a nice wellcome. I am ready to check out class two or three type roads. I need to do a few more things to my rig before trying anything a little more challenging.

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif Might you all be into doing something say around August seventeenth. /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

10. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

What part of Sacramento are you in?

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Yup I'm here... well physically.... mentally... we won't go there! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif But anyhow... there's some of us. TopOff lives around here too... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

12. Brownjoe

I stay downtown, lot of trees down town.

13. Brownjoe

whats happening Steph,so when we going to set a trip around this neck of the woods. I love to camp

14. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

It's gonna be awhile I have big plans for the Blazer and am gonna tear the crap outta it and build it up! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

BTW I sent you an email did you get it? You never replied, so I thought I would ask...

15. 1 FN HI K5

1 FN HI K5 1/2 ton status

Welcome there is a few of us 45 min south of you in Lodi
    Tmanofcali,Chris672,Chaz88,nosmog,and my self 1 FN HI K5
    if forgot some sorry.
    <font color="red"> 1 FN HI K5 </font color>

16. Brownjoe

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif right on Girl, so what you doing to your truck.

Has anybody in the area taken thier truck to S&amp;H four wheel drive repair shop on arden blvd. I wanted to kown what kind of work ethics they have /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

17. Brownjoe

Hello Hi k-5. Lodi huh, I dont think I have ever been there, whats the four wheel sceene out there like.

/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif I think we should have a BBQ in the near future, ever heard of rush park in Sac. town.

18. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Brown:
    The prior owner of my Jimmy had the rearend rebuilt at S&amp;H. I can't say for their work, because i don't know how well he took care of the rear, I know the gov. locker exploded in it on me, but I don't think that had anything to do with the shop.

My own experience with them is, one of the guys there pissed me off. I was purchasing over $600.00 worth of stuff from him and he basically flat out lied to me. I went over to 4WheelParts Wholesalers and had them beat all of his prices and went straight back there and cancelled my order, due to it. He wasn't very happy... at all.

I have though gotten a few things from them that I couldn't find anywhere else. It really depends on who you deal with there. There is one older guy there that seems to run the place and he is very knowledgable...I can't remember his name right now.

19. Brownjoe

I am getting my breaks done and having the axel dropped so that it lines up correctly with the drive shaft. I spoke with Nick the owner who is an older gentalman he seemed knowledgable as well as respectfull. I will see what happens.

/forums/images/icons/confused.gif I was wondering if any of you have had problems with the running lights going out as well as the light under the dash. it seems my light went and the dome light took over. is that a safty mechanizem or may i have a short. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

20. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Yep...nick is the guy i was talking about. Let me know how it goes. I think their prices are a little high, but if they do good work then it is worth it. What do you mean by moving your axle? For my driveline.. i had to shim mine then have my driveshaft lengthened... I had my driveshaft work done at Driveline Service in West Sac. I highly recommend them.

I work Downtown, near 9th and P/Q. What part of downtown do you live in? I live out near Madison/I-80.