Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sad boy pulled the lift!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rubbinz raczn, Nov 30, 2004.

1. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

pulled my 7" lift yesterday (6"spring 1" zero rates) put the 4" front rear springs back in. and replaced my 35's with 235/85/16 studded snows. now drivelines are not too short. truck will handle better. gonna build a blazer(when i find a $500 one!) but i still liked having the bedrail at chin height /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Booooooo!!!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You haven't seen the truck apparently. It would be much better served as his tow rig. There would be NO reason to bash a truck like he has.

4. four_by_ken

Who said anything about bashing it?
    /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Who said anything about bashing it?
    /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, you didn't say anything about him wheeling the thing... I know there's a green blazer on this board running 10" of lift for 35's and it's all nice and perdy. Just because he has a bunch of lift doesn't mean he has to trash it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I on the other hand, have 7" of lift and use it as much as possible. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 78GMC1/2TON4x4

78GMC1/2TON4x4 1/2 ton status

TIMMAY! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. four_by_ken

[ QUOTE ]
    TIMMAY! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Gobbles?

8. four_by_ken

I am all for really using the vehicle and using it hard.

But, there is a part of me that would like a Blazer on 37s to drive everyday and keep looking nice. Maybe I will some day when I dont commute 40 miles one way.

9. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

I have a blazer in my yard, and one on the way that I'd let go in the under $500.00 range..... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. rubbinz raczn

thanks hawkeye but don't you live in MA ? thats only 3000 miles from me do you deliver /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. rubbinz raczn

[​IMG] this is the truck in question. not a trailer queen but pretty clean. deal is should i put the locked d60, crossover detroit locked 14boltff etc. truck has rebuilt d44 and 14boltff now i have extra running gear including the d60-14ff with a rebuilt 350 465/205 etc. but the 67 isn't very useful with a big lift. no towing hauling daily driving what would you guys do build it and not want to wheel up to it's ability or build something to bash thanks /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

12. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I meant nothing by my post... just stating that there isn't a need to wheel something with big tires and a lift kit. I like nice trucks kept as nice trucks.

It's a good thing there is rust on my K5 since all the body panels USED to be straight. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

13. outlawtorn

outlawtorn 1/2 ton status

Well i dont know where you live but i have a 78 blazer for sale for under 500. Motor is shot but the rest is good... body is straight, little rust for a 78 and the drivetrain is solid. But from what im reading you would just dump the drivetrain anyway so it doesnt matter :P

14. rubbinz raczn

[ QUOTE ]
    meant nothing by my post... just stating that there isn't a need to wheel something with big tires and a lift kit. I like nice trucks kept as nice trucks.

It's a good thing there is rust on my K5 since all the body panels USED to be straight.

[/ QUOTE ] nothing taken /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif my plans for the truck have changed over time. recently i planned on wheelin it and bring on the damage! but tim told me in not so many words i was stupid if i did that (good call) i still am stupid but maybe trashing a more common rig makes more sense!

15. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG] this is the truck in question. not a trailer queen but pretty clean. deal is should i put the locked d60, crossover detroit locked 14boltff etc. truck has rebuilt d44 and 14boltff now i have extra running gear including the d60-14ff with a rebuilt 350 465/205 etc. but the 67 isn't very useful with a big lift. no towing hauling daily driving what would you guys do build it and not want to wheel up to it's ability or build something to bash thanks /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What a sweet looking truck!!.I love the first generation trucks.What is that emblem on the front fender?? never seen one like that!. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

16. rubbinz raczn

it's a 1967 gmc camper cruiser. the emblem has camper cruiser on it. i guess they were gmc's version of a camper special! i didn't know there was such a thing till 1970
    or so. anyone know? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

17. rubbinz raczn

[​IMG] sorry for the blurry pic! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Thanks for the photo!--I've seen thousands of trucks like yours,but never saw a GMC Camper Cruiser before!--it must be an extremely rare low production truck--I had a 71 GMC K10 years ago,but nothing like that!. NICE truck!!. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif