Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sad day for my military career

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Sep 16, 2004.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Unfortunately I'm going to be medically discharged and there's really nothing I can do about it.

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I will really miss it after three years. Best time I ever had was in uniform and I can't think of a better time than now to support your country.

I'm actually quite miserable about this and there's nothing I can do about it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I can just see someone else posting this and you kicking them while their down... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Well, at least you get PX and Commissary priveleges for life... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, at least you get PX and Commissary priveleges for life... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, acutally I don't. I'm not a veteran, thus am not going to be a disabled veteran. I get nothing except for out, which pisses me off.

Pretty sure my college benefits are down the drain, and of course my enlistment bonus, etc. Not really worried about all that crap as it's not why I joined, but it's pretty unfair ot lose all of it too.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I can just see someone else posting this and you kicking them while their down... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Go ahead and go for it, I really don't care. If someone out there in CK5 land wants to insult someone that has done three years of service to this country, go right ahead.

6. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I can just see someone else posting this and you kicking them while their down..

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

7. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Goto the VA and have them look over everything. They might give you medical coverage for what ever your getting discharged for.

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Goto the VA and have them look over everything. They might give you medical coverage for what ever your getting discharged for.

[/ QUOTE ]

National Guard, not eligible for any VA benefits AFAIK.

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Go ahead and go for it, I really don't care. If someone out there in CK5 land wants to insult someone that has done three years of service to this country, go right ahead.

[/ QUOTE ] Tempting, already had a few good zingers lined up too, but just thought I'd make an observation instead.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gifAlmost would be more interested in what you'd say to someone else, instead of what your getting the boot for... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Tempting, already had a few good zingers lined up too, but just thought I'd make an observation instead.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gifAlmost would be more interested in what you'd say to someone else, instead of what your getting the boot for... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm getting the boot for a, by military definition, permenant knee injury. Since I cannot run, carry heavy loads, jump, march, or really do anything related to my military duty, and I'm non-deployable, they're going to discharge me.

11. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Any branch of the military should be eligible for VA benefits..especially since this is something that happened to you while you were in. Illinois has one of the best VA programs. I know, that were I'm from too. As far a educational benefits go (if the guard/reserve apply), once you get out the state will pay for a 4 year degree..minus books.
    If you don't go see the VA you're shootiing yourself in the foot ( that's another problem /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

12. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Sorry to hear about it Tim. I remember you mentioning it before.
    I'd be doing some door knocking for those medical and college benifits though. My school was $50K and I have the loans to prove it /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif
    (sadly enough I'm thinking about going back /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

13. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Yeah that sucks man, sorry to hear that.

14. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm getting the boot for a ... permenant knee injury.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Bummer. I can relate. I need a knee replacement. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

Sorry about getting discharged. At least it's honorable, right?

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Bummer. I can relate. I need a knee replacement. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for Timmy. They gave him the "Get the **** Out of Our Faces and Grow Your Hair Like Hippy" discharge............

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

16. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

If you were hurt on duty and you have the paperwork to prove it (hope you can get copies of your records before they disappear), you are eligible for disability from the military. It will probably be a % of active duty pay based on the extent of your injuries. Go see the VA and get them to check you out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Grow Your Hair Like Hippy" discharge............

[/ QUOTE ] I had that discharge once , but the Dr. treated it, still have the long hair though... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

18. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ... Hippy discharge............

[/ QUOTE ]
    Shouldn't you see a doctor about that? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny thing is that even if I let them cut my knee open, doctor says that it's 50/50 I'll get better, or I might get worse just from opening it up.

It pisses me off, all the ailments we can cure today, but a messed up knee and you're on your own! There are people out there that have prostetic legs that can run, ugh, it just pisses me off.

Either way, of course it's honorable, I'm actually a model soldier I think. I follow directions pretty well, I take a lot of pride in my uniform and I never forget why I wear it. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

20. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Yeah, the Doc cured him, but left the warts.......... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif