Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sad day, I have to put my cat down today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rdn2blazer, Nov 4, 2006.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

:( :( :( man Im bummed, my cat Scout has kidney disease. he is real sick and not going to get better. has gotton pretty skinny. cant keep up the hope that the vet was incorrect in there diognosis with him. have had him for 9+ years. been the best pet of any kind I have ever had period. I have had dogs, cats and lots of others but scout has been the best, a truly great cat.

if I am sitting down he is in my lap, if I am laying on the couch he is on my chest nuzzling on my gotee. allways affectionate to me. allways came when I called him. even friends of mine that walked in the door for thr first time he was in there lap to meet them and smell the new guy face to face. all my buds that are not cat friendly dug Scout.

he will be missed, I have just a few more hours with him.......then its time. :( :( :( trying not to cry like a baby in front of my 5 yr old but its tough let me tell ya. these pics are of better days. going around noon, 1 o'clock. could someone slow time down please.

Dscn0659.jpg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

:(Sorry to hear that.:(:(:(

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Got the bad news on a Monday morning up in Moab about my little buddy, had him for about 15years, he was old, and i new the time was near, but at least he went at home, next to his (grandma).

Guess he went into a coma for a few hours, and then went around midnight on Sunday Oct. 8Th.

Really bummed me out, he was about all that you have mentioned about yours,,,R.I.P. Bubba :(

Sorry to hear about what you are going through, it's really hard, and especially to have to take them to the vet to have them put down, is extremely hard.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Sorry guys, it's not easy to lose a best friend.

5. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

Cry it up Bro... It's AOK in my book. I have, and I will again.

Your cat is lucky you are man enough to do the right thing.

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

thats crappy dude, sorry to hear that

7. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

I really feel for ya, brother. The saddest day I can remember in the last few years was when I had to have my dog put down for aggression last year. It's also the last time I can actually remember crying...

8. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I'm sorry about scout.. don't try too hard not to cry.. you gotta grieve, and let it out.

my mom died when I was 23, and I had to put down my dog that I had since I was 10, when I was 25.. I cried harder for that dog, 'cause I had been holding everything in from when my mom died.. point is, our pets allow us to give and recieve love, even if the rest of the world rejects us, and they allow us to show other emotions ( such as grief) that some of us would rather not ( or can not) show the world.

Just saying in a roundabout way that crying is good.

Tom

9. rdn2blazer

:( he is gone now. my buddy is gone. no I could not hold out from crying. looking at his pics brings the tears. I was there for him when they administered the shot, just me. to see him go lifeless and his little body sink to the table was more then I could take. his eyes were gone, I had to close them. then I just cried and put my head on his and petted him.

told him I was sorry and that I loved him so much and said good by. tears are flowing as I type this. damn loosing a pet is brutal.

10. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I've told this before but I can completely understand. When I had to put Samantha down (my cat from first grade until I was 19) I bawled like a baby in the vet's office. I even made the poor vet techs cry as well. I cried for a good 15 minutes in the car.

Pets are, as was said, unconditional love. We may get all pissy with them but they are always happy to see us which inspires us towards unconditional love in return.

11. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about your kitty. It's never easy to lose a pet :(

12. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

My wife happened to be standing over my shoulder as I read the story and she started crying. She loves cats.

Losing a pet is rough. I had a dog, Lady, for about 14 years. Got her when I was 4 and grew up with her. One day my dad ran over her in the driveway (gravel), straight across the chest with his Powerstroke 4x4 F350. I had never seen panic in his eyes, and I had seen him pretty messed up before. Suprisingly, after a few days of laying around, she was ok. Wasnt the same, but she lived for a year or so after that. When she finally did die it was the first time I had ever heard my dad say a prayer or cry.

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I feel for you. I recently had too have a cat put down. It's a hard thing too do, but look at it as a end of his suffering. Wish I had the words, but I don't.

14. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

I know the feeling. I had to put down "Patch", our foundling cat. Was the hardest decision I've ever had to make. I knew I'd made the right decision when she didn't bitch me out for leaving her at the Vet's office overnight. She never 'meowed', she bitched and she was good at it. That she didn't give me what-for when I came in told me how much pain she was in. Chokes me up just thinking about it 10 years later.

15. rdn2blazer

thanks for the kind sentiment everyone. txcol, sorry it made your wife cry, shows she is a very compasionate person. Im better this morning, had a trouble getting to sleep. I know I did the right thing and he is not suffering anymore which Im happy about.

16. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

man,i know the feeling. i'm sooooo sorry bro.don't be afraid to show your emotions bro. your kids have your genes anyway. all my pets are buried in the backyard.its fenced off now.hug your family and know your cat loved you!!

17. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Im sorry for your loss. I had to put my two ferrets down (sisters) in winter 04-05. One had an adrenal gland disease, which made her abdomen swell and lose most of her hair and eyesight. Still had excelent hearing. I let them run around the house if I was there, but kept them in a diffent room at night or when I was away. I had them for a little over 5 years, and they were full grown when they were given to me. The one with the disease lived on, though much more sluggish, but I could see a constant deterioration. Then the other one got the same thing about a year or two later. Since I was transferring schools and couldnt bring them with me, and both were really showing signs of the disease, I did the best thing I could. Have them put down gently.

I had to have my mother drive to the animal shelter to "do it", cause I knew I couldnt. It was rough. Still chokes me up when I think about it sometimes. But life goes on, and know they are not suffering anymore.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  18. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

been there..

I've lost quite a few pets,cats mostly...the hardest one to lose was my car "rusty",a red tabby--he was a "lap cat" and would immediately climb up in my lap and start purring whenever I was in the room!..never had a better behaved cat or more affectionate than him..

I wept as he slowly got worse day by day, after he was about 11 years old,and was litterally wasting away--I think he had cancer in his bladder or kidney failure..my younger brother and mother had to take him to the vets to be put to sleep--no way I could have driven him there and listened to him wailing in a cage,I just lost it!...another cat we had we got for a companion ("tripper" because he always tripped us!)for him died of diabetes about a year earlier..he didn't make it to the vet,I found him dead behind the couch one morning..buried him out in the back yard..

I now have two white cats,one male of unknown age,and a female angora about 7 years old..I'm dreading the day either of them are called home..I think losing a good pet is as bad,or worse than,losing a family member..I-ll keep you in my prayers..:crazy: