Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sad Day in Dallas

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DBLAZER, Aug 4, 2000.

1. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Well its official, they closed 360 down. For those of you who dont know, 360 is an excellent area in the DFW area to go wheel. I has always been "off limits" but the cities and the land owners tolerated it for years. But in the last few there have been to many INCIDENTS that caused them to bring the hammer down. It comes down to to many deviants running loose. Many Many cars burned out and stolen, tons of trash, people hurt doing stupid things. Sunday they hit the place with atv,s and cited and towed a number of vehicles. Then yesterday thay went in with graters and about 25 tow trucks and cleared out the burnt and trashed out cars. It makes me sad but I understand why. The owners have been fined repeatedly for the trash and misconduct of others, so I suppose if I were them I would do the same thing. Oh well, we will see what happens.
    Nashu aka DBlazer

89 w/DANA 60-Corp 14 w/5:13s n Detroit's. 4"lift 2" body. AtlassII . Spray in liner.

2. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Amen Bro. its always the same [censored]. a few local yo-yos messing thing up for everyone, now you can understand when I see a fellow 4x4'r toss a beer can I go pick it up, and report all trash dumpers with license plate no's to the police, even had a jack handle fly through my topper window chasing a ole boy in a P/U fixing to dump stuff. I swear everytime I see that kind of behaviour I want to get the .45 out and start throwing lead[​IMG], but that would reduce me to their level and I ain't gonna do THAT!!!!
    But in response to 360 if the REAL 4x4 ers would have policed their own ranks out there, you'd still have a place to go, [​IMG]I suppose now that that area is shut down the a-holes who where out there will be looking for a new place to reduce to a trash pile, I in one way hope they don't come to Benbrook, and then again I'm in the mood to really mess up someone who can't control their body actions, as well as many others whom fequent the area I go to.[​IMG] Good luck mi amigo...later

<font color=blue>White Knight</font color=blue>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I'm with White Knight..... every time I'm out on my atv I pick up trash I see along the trails. If you don't take a stand to protect your four wheeling areas and they close them down, then it as much your fault as the assholes ( sorry, I feel strongly about this ) who cause the problems. I've mixed words with people who I see throwing trash. I get my point across in the end though when I explain how important it is to take care of these priveledges we have. Legislation doesn't need to many bad stories to start closing areas down no matter how many good people there are out there. So remember these words....YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'VE GOT UNTIL IT'S GONE !! I know it's a song lyric but it really says it all. Peace !

L8r,

.Riz.

4. Nate87k5

Nate87k5 Registered Member

One simple rule to remember. If you Pack It In Pack It Out and Then Some. I enforce this every time that I go camping or wheeling. I teach that to my kids and there freinds. It is very important that we pick up after ourselves and at times others that left there mess regardless. Dont get me wrong I am no tree hugger but I sure like to go camping and wheeling when I dont have to look at others trash. The thing is that it only takes a minute and it can make a world of difference. If you want to throw out trash do it on your own property and not on "our" shared lands. And teach your kids as well as there freinds.

5. Big B

Big B 1/2 ton status

Well i went to 360 3 weeks ago for the first time and it was kick ass my god there are some good trails out there to bad a few assholes have to screw it up for the rest of us there was a new 2000 dodge 4x4 dually out at the creek burning to the ground with about 10 guys standing around and drinking beer and getting stoned i drink beer but i dont do it then hit the trails thats how people get hurt and KILLED ther have been 3 people KILLED out at 360 just this year . I just wish people would pull there heads out of there ass and quit screwing it up for the rest of us who like to go out and throw mud and break axles and other drivetrain parts . I dont want to piss anyone of but come on guys get your heads out of you ass if you are in this group of people we are talking about later Bruce a.k.a Big B.

bigb4x4.coloradok5.com

6. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

The best thing you can do is not set and wait. You could offer to help the land owners to clean up. Get some buddys and help. That will give them a different idea about people who "Wheel" in their area. We do clean-up runs all the time. In fact, evey time I go wheeing, I take a trash bag. Not to sound like a clean freak, but I do this! I then take the trash to the Forest Service dumpster to get "Credit" for cleaning up the place. They always thank me and I am sure they will remember me. If you help out, maybe you can save it. Get your buddies to help. But, tell all the ATV'ers to stay away. Thats ususally what causes the problem in the National Forest. They dont pick up $#!T. I will debate this with anybody. I have yet to see a motocross bike with a trash bag or an ATV carrying trash to the dumpster.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

7. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I don't mean to disagree with you MUDZER but I take tons of trash out of the woods on my ATV. So does everyone else I wheel with. I don't think all ATVers are bad just as all OFF-ROADERS aren't bad. It's those type of statements that shut down trails to ATVers. I don't want to get into a debate over this with anybody it's just that if they start to ban the ATVs then the rest of the four wheling community is next. What needs to be done is for both sides to come together and clean up our areas. It shouldn't be the old skiers vs snowboaders all over again. I do agree that lots of people leave trash in the trails but it's everyone. I hope you didn't take this the wrong way, I'm just trying to say that we're all in it together. If one of us looses we all loose.

P.S. : Thanks a ton for the font.....I like your site !

L8r,

.Riz.

8. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

"Conservation is a state of harmony between man and
    the land – when we see land as a community
    to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and
    respect."
    --Aldo Leopold
    http://treadlightly.orgDiscover the rewards of responsible recreation , Travel and recreate with minimum impact , Allow for future use of the outdoors, leave it better than you found it . If everybody followed these simple little rules wouldnt it be a better place?

<font color=blue>SLODAWG</font color=blue>
    http://www.slodawg.coloradok5.com

9. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

10. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

The lates info I have is this. I have been in contact with a police officer who is an avid wheeler and is involved in the closer. He tells me that this "CLOSER" is a little more serious than before. It mainly has to do with the junk cars, wich are all reported stolen. The car theft task force is actually involved. From what my source tells me he is in contact with the land owners and is trying to see if there is anyway possible to help the situation. I have volenteered myself in any way pssible. I will keep you guys posted. Have a Nice Day. NASHU

89 w/DANA 60-Corp 14 w/5:13s n Detroit's. 4"lift 2" body. AtlassII . Spray in liner.

11. Javier Gras

Javier Gras Registered Member

Sad to hear that, I was hoping to go back there again someday soon. As Bruce says there are some excellent trails.

Keep us posted, and if there is a clean-up let us know and I'll give a hand.

Good luck

Javier

12. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

good one slodawg ! Hahahahahahahaha !!

.Riz.

13. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

Maybe it's time that we all think about what we can do to be heard. I believe in what you guys are doing to take care of your home land but it's time that we all get together and be heard as one loud and strong voice against this behavior. People we have to stand against this. I love my land and feel that I can take care of it without goverment interference. Big brother cannot hold our hands. Please look in to joining a club that will make your voice loud and clear. I belong to the Blueribbon Coalition. They support all outdoor people and my voice is louder than by myself. Look in to it before we have no public lands left. Use your rights or lose your rights. PRESERVING OUR NATURAL RESOURCES FOR THE PUBLIC INSTEAD OF FROM THE PUBLIC. Vote for BUSH. Sorry for Preaching but we must act NOW!!!!!! to save our sport.

14. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Dude if they(the police) can help keep the gangs and the a-holes with guns and such out, I'd be willing to lend a hand in clean up or even watch dogging with the police, I've never been to 360 because of the bad element there, and will not go there until the a-holes are gone or at least reduced dramatically...I would kill if someone jacked with the Knight[​IMG], and as long as the folks that are there remain, I'll stay out...way too much<font color=red> red-neck </font color=red>in these bones.

<font color=green>DBlazer email me if I can help out</font color=green>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=blue>White Knight</font color=blue>

15. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Well, I hear you WK however I have never run into any problems out at 360, 90% that ive met have always been cool. And I have spent many a day and night out there. I'm never there alone though. I had some freinds go to benbrook the other day. I havent had a chance to talk to them since. I want to here what they think. See ya,