Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sad day losing a member of the truck family

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BowtieBlazer, Apr 1, 2004.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Jul 15, 2001
    Ever had a vehicle you kinda fell in love with and then had to sell it? Well my current DD while my blazer is down, will officially be up for sale when I finish the blazer. Its my dad's truck and he just bought a 96 burb for his hunting truck / tow vehicle, its fuel injected its new but it just sucks. I've had this other truck in my family for over 5 years now, its been loyal and served me and us well. I drove the truck through highschool, took it wheeling and then decided I needed the blazer. The truck became my dad's hunting lease truck, and it sat in the yard 5 days a week, my sister then drove it for her senior year of high school, and parked it again when she went to college my dad gave her one of his Rav4's. Then wrecked the blazer a year later and have had it again as my daily driver for nearly a year. She aint perfect, but sure is pretty for the age, mechanically sound, and starts first crank every time. Just sad to see her go, have lots of memories in this truck....

Never realized a truck could carry so many feelings with it... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I wish I had the $ to buy it and keep it for myself. Older chevies are my hobby....

Worst part is I know I will regret it later on.
    (this is a pic from within a few weeks of when I got it)
    (here is a pic today infront of my house)
  2. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Nov 10, 2003
    Thats a clean truck! Looks like it would be a great DD.
  3. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Aug 11, 2002
    Boy do i know how that goes. I had allways wanted my dads old suburban. I just thought it was the best truck in the world. then when i was about 14 my cousin wrecked it. I was crushed. So i went and got a 500 doller blazer and put EVERYTHNIG from the burb to the blazer. Then it turned out that i couldent get a title for the blazer so i could never make it mine. Had to get rid of another truck that i realy liked alot. the story goes on but i beter stop now. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif