Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sad day :( Need K5 value

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekquistk5, Jun 15, 2006.

1. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Well It is a sad day! My insurance company is screwing me out of nada value of my car. Since I do have a loan on the car I have to pay the difference from what the insurance company's value of the car is and whats left on the loan. Its arround 2k out of pocket which I do not have all of it. I tried to get a lawyer involved but he told me by the time I pay him etc he would cost more then the car, so thats out of the question. The only part I dont get is I found a shop that would do the repairs for half the cost and they said they will still go by there estimate that the car had 3k worth of damages to it, and it will be totaled.

Anyways I have arround 30 days to come up with the 2k which isn't going to happen with me just working, I might be able to come up with half but not all of it. So I have to do what I have to do and take the loss. It is a very sad day that I have to sell my k5 but I have to do it. I do not see any other option. I have to put in a new flexplate and starter in though before I can sell it, and I hope to do that this weekend. My question to you is how much do you think my K5 is worth.

Its a 90 with a tbi 350, 700r4, np241 14blt rear with 4.10 and D44 up front. It has a 6" lift TC springs front, and block + AAL in the rear. I do have a sky shackle flip and a 2" block sitting in the back.It sits on 35" claws, but I have 3 38.5" tsl's in my basement. I have a 2wd box for crossover and the flattop knuckle with a WFO arm allready on it. So its ready for xover just needs the draglink. I haven't installed the knuckle or the box yet. Engine was rebuilt about 50k ago by previous owner, and the truck has 201k on the odometer. I just put a new Torque convertor in the tranny and it seems to shift fine still. I paid 2900 for the truck stock! Now it does have a little rust but not bad. Just in the useual rockers etc.

Should I include all my parts with the truck as a project truck or should I sell everything Individually?

And what should I sell it for?? I need it to go quick! I have learned alot of trucks and offroad from this thing and I hate to see it go but I have too. Its the only thing that I own thats worth the money I owe.

Thanks for listening to me guys, I'll still lurk from time to time just not be as active once a big part of my life is taken away from me.

edit forgot heres a pic

dscf0051.jpg

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Keep the truck. Have a bake sale. Or a car wash day. Or get some extra work on weekends for a while (handyman stuff is always good).

3. jekquistk5

Wish I could, I dont see myself making 1k from a bake sale or car wash. Especially in the ghetto **** hole I live in.

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Try to get 4500.00 for it. The bad side of building these things is you never get out what you put in.

5. jekquistk5

Yeah I was figureing I wanted to try to get 4k out of it.

6. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

What happened to it?

Why not sell some of the extra stuff you have laying around?

7. jekquistk5

Nothing is really wrong with my blazer other then the flexplate. it still starts there is just a section that is mangled by the starter.

as far as my car goes, someone t-boned it in the parking lot as I was driving down the main isle, some ghetto piece of sh!t that was driving someone elses suv and was flying like 15-25 mph, next thing I know I hear squeeling tires and bam his bumper is mashed with my door. I hate this town and cant wait to move away from the thugz.

8. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

Not your fault right?

Tell the insurance company " tough sh!t!"get the car back sell it as parts, your gonna have to pay at some point, keep paying your monthly payments, what they gonna do??

9. jekquistk5

Not my fault, but it was on private property so I still have to pay the deductable. but in the loan it states I have to keep the car in prestine condition being dented in on the side doesn't make it prestine.

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

try to sell the thing whole, if not part it out. If you get $4k for it, use $2k to pay off the loan guys and use the other 2k as the foundation for your next rig. A d60 should only be $1k. :grin: :thumb:

j

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

thanks to Michigan's bright idea, "no fault insurance" you'd be screwed even if it was on a public roadway.

12. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I agree. Tell them you dont want to total it and just keep it. Then sell parts off of it or as a whole to pay your loan off while making your normal payments.

13. bp71k5

bp71k5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Yea, can't you just take the cash they give you for the car and keep making the payments on it? Don't sell the truck!

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

if its totaled he has to buy it back from insurance is what I'm gathering.

Do you think your loan company will really care about it being messed up? Or is the insurance company sort of blackmailing you with that fact?

15. NYDIESELDAVE

NYDIESELDAVE 1/2 ton status

What ins company. Do you have receipt for the recent repairs and parts. If you do they need to know about it. Your vehicle value is most likely based on the market value of the general same vehcile in the area and a cross between 2 different car value guides. All of those figures do not take into account any new equipment, a/m equipment, and recent service. Are you using your insurance company? Why? Was the other vehicle not insured? A no fault state doesn't mean that "no one is liable". Someone is always liable. If you need any help let me know. I'm an independent adjuster in NY and we are a "no fault" state also.

16. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Buy the car back, have it fixed, and sell it.

Your insurance company is intentionally trying to give you the shaft.

17. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

you dont have to accept the insurance companys"offer". thats what it is is a offer.get all copys of repairs and up grades to it and give them a copy.argue and fight them keep calling higher ups. enough calls and they will pay it off just to shut you up.untill you accept their offer the claim isnt settled and they always want them closed as fast as possible.i deal with them all the time.the louder you get the quicker they will solve the problem. just keep saying no til you get what you want and need from them.also might be able to find a shop that will fix it for a agreed amount with the insurance company

18. jekquistk5

My problem is I did the stupid thing and got an online policy via progressive, i have no agent, and everything. I hope I still have the reciepts for everything, it has a new alternator, new power steering lines, new tires etc. I'll try to call them see what they can do. My bank, or atleast the person I talked to said 30 days from the day they recieve the total loss paper they require payment in full.

19. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

do you own the blazer free and clear? Get a loan on it to pay off the car?

20. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

jess, don't sell it. i know you have been dealing with the ins co for a while, but they are screwing you. the insurance on the loan for my truck (i believe) states that if it is totaled, the loan is paid off. id be looking to see if the dealer made you get the insurance on the loan like they did to me.

the last thing before you sell your truck, try to get a personal loan to pay it off. its alot better idea than selling your baby.

if/when you pay it off, do you get the car back? or are they still gonna total it?