Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sad day

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jeeptuff, May 6, 2006.

1. jeeptuff

jeeptuff 1/2 ton status

Well today is somewhat a sad day for me, the K5 is in pretty sad shape. I have over the last couple years bought just a ton of parts for it with very little time to work on it.. So I went out today and bought an S-10 pick up (2wd) to use as my DD. In the k-5 I was getting 6MPG in the S-10 I will get about 18, gas prices are killing me at this time. So I decided to put her away for a while. The new motor is done and been dynoed, the SM465 is on the bench in pieces being rebuilt, have a brand new 208 case. New doors, fenders, inner fenders, and cowl induction hood, floor pans, and a few other interior items that are at the shop, but not yet installed. So I took her on her farewell run this evening to the shop to get some work done. It is really strange of all the rigs I have owned that this is hard to know she is decommisioned for an undetermined amount of time, I love her and am going to miss running her everyday. Damn it I'm crushed, time to go drown my sorrows in the bottom of a bottle. But she's at the shop waiting for me to show up tommorrow and get her stipped down nekid. Thanks for listening..

2. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

The bright side

Look at the bright side. first of all a A+ reason to drink some cold one's. Second, I am sure she will be resurected as a fresh truck. Sounds like you are going to take her down to the frame.

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Fewer drinks = more gas $$$$....:waytogo:

What sucks? I sell gasoline everyday, and still have to spend close to $500 on the stuff getting to and from work each month....:angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: