Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sad day

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun, Mar 4, 2004.

1. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

Well today the final decision was made. The guy I bought the 71 has been giving me the run around on the title for about 6 months which is why I have been collecting parts and not starting the build up. Well I found out yesterday that the truck wasnt "completely his" so he cant get the title from the real owner (happens to be a title loan place in reno). So know what. Well I told him (since he cant come up with my money to give back) that I would trade him straight across for my white 85 I sold to him in april.(pics can be found i my webshots) But the 85 doesnt look like that anymore and it doesnt have an engine. Man did I get raped. It is trashed not a single straight body panel, ghetto half doors and a slipping 700. I also have a 77 3/4 ton shortbed. (42.5 inches between rear spring perches, 14 bolt ff and a 10 bolt) So I am thinking about going the truck route. Narrow the front, boatside, and tube the rear. I would do the blazer but This way I can be warm in the winter for my old lady. I will chop the 85s' top of and narrow it and use it for summer trails and basically to beat or sell. So no more 71 k5 /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif and I will start the build up on the truck. But I still got the 90 if I can just talk ali into putting 42's on it. Can you imagine a 4'9 chick weighing 90 pounds changing a 42 on the side of the highway. mmmmmm i like. Sorry to ramble. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Should have taken him to small claims court for the title or damages to your rig.
    Bill

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Two things come to mind. You could stomp him real good, and spend the night in jail. Or you could get a lawyer and garnish his wages. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Two things come to mind. You could stomp him real good, and spend the night in jail. Or you could get a lawyer and garnish his wages. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could do both if you time it right. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Well, sounds like that was a tough and axpensive lesson to learn. But NEVER, EVER pay money for a vehicle until the title is in YOUR hands. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

I shouldnt have paid without a title but I thought he was a friend and he said he would have it. And you cant garnish the wages of someone who really doesnt have any so I will just take my loss and maybe combine the blazer and the truck. Oh well like you guys said it will just b an exspensive lesson.

7. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

make him do some or all of the work with the swapping, that should help /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

Call the "Title Loan Place" in Reno and tell them what happened, and see what the payoff is and what they can do for you.

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Build the truck, they're not so bad. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sorry to hear this dude. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif so let me in on your plans for the 400 we better be building something cool /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

11. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

I was going to use it on a trade but the gu backed out. He said if I gave hima rebuilt 400 he would hook me up with a rear 70. Dam^t I hate people that back out. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    I heard you sold your tires bryan? Sweet. CAn we start your crossover now. And I am building the truck. I will always have my jimmy and I guess a /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif