Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sad...

Discussion in 'Land Use' started by OFFRDK5, Oct 22, 2000.

1. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Its really sad how few people read this area...I wonder what they will do when the area that they go in is closed..cry "Why isn't there a forum for that!?!?!" and then they go whoops..there is...and there was a place to petition not having my area closed...and they lost...sad..

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    http://SK-15.coloradok5.com

2. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

True... true. Try dangling a d60 for sale in the general blazer forum with a link to this one. They may not like it, but I bet it will wake them up!

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

OK you got me! Guilty as charged! [​IMG] Honestly though tell me how much I can do as a Canadian on a primarily US site?
    We also face land closures here, and there are a few BC based sites raising awareness and trying to promote the "Tread Lightly" guidelines to try and prevent further closures due to abuse of the resources.
    Does my voice count as a "foreigner"?
    If so point me in the right direction, at some point in the near future I'd love to cross the 49th and do some wheeling! Hopefully there will be some left when I do.
    This is a great site and I'm very impressed with the dedication and research thats gone into some of the posts here.
    I'll be checking here more regularly from now on, I only hope that I can do my part.

Rene (hanging head [​IMG])

[​IMG]

4. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Just helping to spread the word tRusty, is a great contribution. And it is appretiated!

5. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

You know Trusty, there may not be a whole lot that you can do to help us out here in the states but you can sure start a letter writing campaign to whoever is in charge in Canada to keep your areas open so if any of us ever make it up there we'll have somewhere to wheel when we visit.
    Thanks for visiting.
    SK15, thanks for bringing this up, I have thought about it but I thought that I'd wait to see if anyone else was noticing what I've noticed.

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Well obviously I don't have a congressman to write to, but I can sign any petition that I run across. I'll do what I can to help you guys, and I'll try and help out where I can for our local stuff.
    I hate it when stuff gets closed down.

Rene

[​IMG]

7. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I read this forum a lot. Possible trail closures are not an issue in my area. All the trails are already closed.</font color=blue>

8. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I didn't know this forum was here either until DBLAZER's post. I'll start visiting it too and sign petitions, write letters, etc.

90K5

9. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

biggray71-that sucks, man, sorry to hear it.

tRusty-I just signed a petition for Can. land that might be getting closed. I don't think it matters where you are as long as you fight for the same cause.

blazen91

10. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Yeah he got my attention too. Obviously it worked (at least a little). Great effort though DBlazer. [​IMG]

<font color=blue>I don't get stuck, I'm just in the mud when I stop for lunch [​IMG]
    - NJFourWheelers</font color=blue>