Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

saddle tanks not switching?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigbadchev84, Jun 29, 2006.

1. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

i just drove home my 84 shortbox today and cant seem to get the tanks to switch over! i just put gas in it and the gauge didnt move:mad: my brother had swiped all the fuses out of my old blazer when he was having problems with his amp shorting out, and when i sold the blazer i pulled all the fuses out of my truck for it. well i didnt have a flashlight and all the markings on the fuseblock are worn away and cant read anything i seen. so i just started sticking fuses where i saw spaces. the tanks worked everytime before that so i am assuming that i missed a fuse or something? does anyone have a good pic of the fuseblock with the location as to what space and what that fuse powers so i can print it off and keep it in the jockey box as reference? thanks

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Err. There are sooo many variations of what fuses went where, you're prolly screwed. I'd pop the ashtray out, see if you can get behind the switch with a voltmeter to check power to the switch.

I'd offer to help, but mine came with a mechanical tank switch pulled by a giant clutch cable :eek1: and of course it failed after 30 years, so it was replaced with an electric one I wired up.

-- A

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

well first is first... yes you need a fuse to get the tank going...

then the wiring is a mess. I dealt with that a long time ago...

but I got it working.. let me see if I can find a pic to show you what I found...

it is a big pic but had to so I could get it looking right a while back....
    plus checkout my mspaint skillz.. YEAH BOY!!!!:haha:

[​IMG]

4. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

thanks, that diagram is sweet, i got up under the dash this morning before work and wouldnt ya know it i missed two fuses.:doah: oh well at least i have gas now:D

5. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

hah... nice... hmmm seems my server is down.. gotta go in the basement now... :crazy: