Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sadness til spring

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lukers, Dec 1, 2000.

1. lukers

lukers Registered Member

Gave the garage to the little woman for the winter. I need to build my own out back. Don't like giving up my heaven for the winter. Anyone else have this problem?
    Luke

2. Woodman89

Woodman89 Registered Member

I hear ya cluckin'. Im in the same boat. Working on your vehicles out in the elements really blows. Unfortunately I have enough difficulty saving cash to do make mods to my vehicles, so unless a pile of cash falls in my lap I will never have the 10 grand I need to build the garage I want. You want to hear the worst part? The car that gets a garage space is my wifes company car! Oh well the blazer barely fits in there anyway.

3. lukers

lukers Registered Member

Building a garage out back is a wish. I made the basement into a small parts garage. Basement body shop. Woodman89 Where are you from in NH?
    Luke

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Cant you just pull the womans car out and pull the K5 in to work on it and the put the womans car back in or will she get pissed? :)

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hahaha Man I am so happy my wife and the garage door opener have a hate, hate relationship! She use to have the garage (well half of it my 70 LeMans Sport Rag top Pontiac is in the other half) when she drove a car. Well she and the opener kept having issues and she kept leaving the car in the drive. Then she and the car didn't get along and I had a company vehicle and she wormed her way into K5 #1 (my 79) and started driving it all the time. Well she liked it and the A/C works, new engine rebuilt tranny she's happy terrorizing punks in hondas by scarying them with the Flowmasters (and I didn't have to lay out $20k on a Rodeo that she wanted cause she and the car had issues) Well the garage is tight for the K5's with the Pontiac in there. Well got K5 #2 for me (75) and started building it up so it spent a winter in tha garage. Sold the car cause it was a POS. Bought another car (Supra) when I changed posistions and lost company ride. So now my Supra is parked in the Garage [​IMG].
    Well it's in the garage when I don't have one of the trucks down for repairs like I do now. Have the A$$ out of the 75 replacing the tailpan.....what fun! Hope to have that done this weekend cause scraping Ice in the mornings sucks!

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

6. lukers

lukers Registered Member

My truck is tore down as far as it will tear down. Projects in the garage are not in and out. The tranny is coming apart next. The motor is done and in the corner. I have alot of wire brush work and body work to keep me moving. The garage is heaven the basement is hell (kind of). Better than outside. Outside temps prevent painting and such til spring.
    Luke
    PS Wife and split the garage She = Winter Me = the rest of the year.

7. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I live in a townhouse with a single open carport. Currently I have the rear half of a Blazer in there that has got my nieghbors complaining. Fortunately I have a good friend on Strata council, but she can only buy me a little time to get it done. Oh well what can you do?

Rene

[​IMG]

9. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Don't feel bad. My house has no garage...period![​IMG] In the almost six years I've owned a blazer, I've never had that luxury. But oh well, She wouldn't fit in a garage anyway, but I still wish I had one for parts at least!

[​IMG]

10. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

I just had an 18x24 2 story built last summer. Just got done with the insallation and work bench. I 2 now have the blazer front end laying on the floor, waiting for the right parts to get here, got the project block in the corner and my uncle GAVE me a cherry picker and an engine stand. Now all I need is mo money.
    Now on the other note. The wife know better than to even think about using the garage for the brand new car she just got. Thats why I have the sign up on the wall, "PArking for my Chevy truck only."
    Check this out. LAst saturday, Im under the front end covered in grease and in the midst of my heaven she comes out and tells me she going to the grocery store. So anyway 3 hours later, she pulls up in a new Chrysler Sebring. So I asked her if that was in the Produce or the meat department??? I mean WTF??????? Garages are for dicks not chicks!!! LOL!!! You all have a good weekend. Don't bust no knuckles.......

Don't you buy no ugly truck!

11. Woodman89

I live in Bow, NH but right now my truck is in Concord in my parents barn. At this time it is not inspected for a couple reasons that I have been working on - mostly rust related. They have much more space to work on stuff and some trails / open spaces out back for testing. I bet you are a big fan of the Want Advertiser. My only problem is that most of the stuff in there is down by you in Mass.

12. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Wow, the Want Advertiser... Now there's a title I haven't heard in a long while. I bought the '87 'vette engine that went into my K5 from the Want Advertiser when I lived in Worcester, MA many moons ago!

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com

13. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

I have a garage in my house, but its too small to put a car in because one of the support poles is in an awkward spot. Hey grimreaper, your old ragtop lemans sounds really nice. I had a 66 ragtop lemans, (it got stolen, thats a story for another post). after that, I had a 71 lemans with a 68 400 YC motor in it, with #16 heads and a ram air IV cam, headers, posi, I used to light em up everywhere! now I have my 66 GTO, just wondering if your a pontiac guy????...............js

14. lukers

lukers Registered Member

Want advitiser?? I have not heard of that. I am somewhat new to this mechanical stuff. I have always followed along in theory. The big thing I have realized is the expenses involved in all of this.
    Luke

15. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Re: GRRrrr

Yeah I'm a Poncho Guy too! Just wish I had some time and money to work on the car. It went down 2 years ago with low oil pressure. Got the car from my Ex-Stepfather. He bought it new and took delivery in Dec of 69. He special ordered it funny. No A/C was too cheap for the Auto so it has a Saginaw 3 speed too keep the shifting down...he didn't like the colum shift so he ordered the Hurst floor shifter Buckets and center console. He also ordered it with the 350 and 3.23 SaftyTrack (for you chevy guys it would be called PossiTrac). Only other options is Deluxe steering wheel (3 spoke) and Deluxe Wheel covers (I put a set of 15 inch Rally II on it), deluxe light package that got an underhood and trunk light and lights in the rear lower armrests.
    He is anal retentive and when I picked it up and got it home I opened the trunk and there was a folder 3 inches thick that noted every oil change and repair date and milage along with all the recipts including bill of sale with canceled check and the original window sticker....all numbers match [​IMG]

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

16. Woodman89

Luke,

[​IMG] Check this out:

http://www.wantadvertiser.com

It is a weekly publication that is crammed with anything that anyone wants to get rid of. It has a huge amount of vehicles and parts, along with a ton of other stuff. The advertisements are from ME, NH, VT, MA, RI + CT but most of the stuff is in Mass. On the website you can search through the categories with keywords but it does not give any phone numbers unless you subscribe to it online. The publication can also be bought at most convenience stores for $1.90. One of the better deals that I got in there was a mint rear bumper for my 89 chevy van for $20, but I had to drive down to Leominster to get it.

17. lukers

lukers Registered Member

I checked it out. This is nice. Alot going on here.
    Thanks

18. stimpy

stimpy Registered Member

I guess I'm lucky. My wife is scared to step into our garage, I have some many projects going on the she's afraid she'll get lost in there. Which is good because once she figures out she can also work in there I've lost my last remaining hidding place.

Todd Miller

love my blazer, and 43 Dodge Carryall
    IF IT'S SNOWING AND IT'S DEEP. I'LL BE OUT IN IT!!!!!!