Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

safety for Ladies

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ramjet gmc, Apr 26, 2005.

1. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i was just lessing to the news in my town there is a rapist lose in the area :mad: .
    well the stupid woman in the new say " i am OK i walk with my keys in my knuckles " do you think that will do crap to some big guy? :confused: " i walk with my cell phone on so i can call for help " well that will only help to find the body

get some pepper spray and some self defense class tell your teens to stay in groups ;)

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

people either get overly scared or not scared enough about such things. Overly scared they stay indoors all the time. Under scared, they think what little thyey tell themselves is enough will do something in the event some 300 pound monster jumps them. Cause we all know Rapists love to announce themselves before they attack.

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

thats right. have they ever had a friend jump out and scare them?thats how fast it could be.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm quick, and likely stronger than the average woman(is it sad that I just can't say for sure? or is that good for most women?), I know if I were walking down the street and some guy jumped me from behind, I'd have a hard time fighting him off.

5. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i would have a hard time fight off a 300 lb guy and i am a 300 lbs guy if you get caught by surprise you are in trouble

sorry this post is a bit of a rant for me

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

thats what i mean. ANYONE caught off guard will not respond like they think.this is the real world not TV. rant on RAMJET :laugh: :laugh:

7. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

stoopid jersey and their carry laws....
    if chicks packed heat, maybe guys would think twice....

but i doubt it

8. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Probably right about that. PMS with a gun. There's a thought. :D

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I really have to stand in sheer wonder at people who detest guns and suggest keys and pepper spray as an alternative. You have weapons now. Why use innefective weapons.

10. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

It's funny what people rely on to protect themselves.

Staying in a group is probably the best alternative, if possible. Only problem with pepper spray/gun/keys or any other weapon is that it isn't likely one can get to it fast enough to do any good.

Bad guys have practice hurting people while not getting hurt themselves.. citizens spend too much time looking at the tops of their shoes when they walk to effectivley counter a predator.

I've been in the martial arts world for a long time, and I really dislike what's taught in "womens self defense classes"... too many " never fail moves " can't be pulled off when the intended victim suffers an adrenaline dump, or when the attacker is too wired to care.

To me, most womens self defense classes are a quick fix and build a false sense of security.

If a person isn't willing to spend a lot of time learning how to hit and be hit, they're better off focusing on situational awareness and avoidance. Actually, learning both is the best way to stay safe.

Tom

11. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Sliced Baloney..

Maybe the women should do what the german women did in WW2 to prevent rape by invading troops--put some single edged razor blades in the ol' vagina--that will discourage them! :whistle: Once the word gets out what happenned to the first rapist,I dont think rape will be quite as popular... :p:

Its a problem in boston lately too--maybe they should legalize prostitution,then guys who are that hard up to get laid wont have to become rapists... :thinking:

Most women I see here have a pocketbook that weighs more than they do!--a few bricks in one of those would make an effective bludgeon!!.. :laugh: That would slow down any purse snatchers too.. :crazy:

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Eh there will always be the guy who can't get off unless its rape.