Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

safety glassers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, May 29, 2004.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I was just in the shop with out them ands got a bit of wood in my eye, no prob I thought, so I go to the mirror and get it out no prob, thern i think whattadunbfawk, so I put goggles on only to throw dirt into my eye that was in the go0ggles, so now I can't see worth a [darn]. who knows of a de3cent pair of glasses that will actually cover your gawddamn eyes.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Anything by Uvex with a wraparound lens, brother.

Right now I wear the Genesis model. PM me your mailing addy and I'll send you a pair!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Re: safety glasses

Try a full face shield. I like it much better than glasses for most stuff. It's especially good when working under the rig. With glasses, a face full of dirt falling from under the rig somewhere just sucks. With a face shield you hardly notice it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Just be thankfull that You didn't get a hot piece of metal in Your eye that requires surgury to remove it /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Ask Me how I know /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

6. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Ya goota love the grinder when the metal rusts in there. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

cool thanks...I had to hold my eye closed for 2 hours last night, the debris was embedded on the inside of my eyelid and if I allowed my eye to move it would carve away at it... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

8. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I agree with the full shield. Sometimes I forget its on /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have a pair of the WileyX's that work bought for me. Interchangeable lenses from tinted to clear (great for the trail) with an optional strap that does great for holding them in place. They fit nice and snug around the face with a little cushion.

I am very picky when it comes to my eyes so have multiple pair around the shop and have found these to be the best so far. Pretty pricey but worth it to me.

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

get some real good cemical splash gogles w/ vents they work good. i use a full face resporator, if i am doing dusty stuff /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I have a fullface that always breaks when I flip it back up. Then I have to fix it, then put it down again and start grinding again, then take a break, lift it up, and it breaks again /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I'm a fan of the Boas. Here's a good link for some. As a safety manager, this is about the only ones I recomend. I've gotten to the point that I wear them for sunglasses. They are even lighter than anyothers that I've worn. They also have some that have rubber gripping bows that work very well. I'd highly suggest/recommened these.