Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Safety Please!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gauder, Jan 16, 2006.

1. gauder

gauder Banned

Just a reminder. This was not a pretty site and now a 14yr old boy has lost his father.

Vehicle crushes man, 37

Dale Molnar, Windsor Star

Published: Monday, January 16, 2006
    LASALLE -- A LaSalle man is dead after the car he was working on Sunday afternoon fell on him.
    LaSalle police say it appears to have been an accident.
    "He had a vehicle jacked up, he was working underneath it. The jack gave way and fell on top of him," said Sgt. John Garswood of LaSalle Police Services.
    Garswood said the 37-year-old man was working alone on a 1950s model car behind his home at 1830 Front Rd.
    He was found by a friend who came by around 2:15 p.m.
    Garswood said the man lived in the tiny, white-sided home with his 14-year-old son.
    Several derelict vehicles sit -- some with for sale signs on them -- on the long, narrow strip of property that stretches to the Detroit River.
    Although the death appears accidental, police were treating the area as a crime scene Sunday, cordoning it off with yellow tape.
    Relatives declined to speak to the media

2. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Damn straight, I've been lying under cars, usually alone for 35 years now and I ALWAYS take great care to set the vehicle proper and safe. Freaks me out when I see someone cheating w/o stands on a " quicky " job. Another thing is how careless people are around gas tanks and fuel lines.

3. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Damn straight, I've been lying under cars, usually alone for 35 years now and I ALWAYS take great care to set the vehicle proper and safe. Freaks me out when I see someone cheating w/o stands on a " quicky " job. Another thing is how careless people are around gas tanks and fuel lines.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

thats why i love my lift at work. but with any vehicle use your head and be safe.