Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Safety with fuel in the cab?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by laketex, Dec 3, 2000.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Ok, I've decided on a 32 gallon fuel cell from jaz products. What are my safety issues going to be with running a fuel cell in the cab? The cell will be about 2" forward of the tailgate and about 10" rearward of the back seat. I'll be running all lines thru the bottom and to the engine. I know a few vehicles have stock in cab tanks. For example, '67-'72 Chevy pickups and FJ-40 Landcruisers. I just want to make this a safe thing. Thanks.

Bryan

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok

2. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

You may want to take it to a fab shop and have them cut it into the floor to recess it. It will make it easier to get to and pack in your gear. It will also make it more stable in the truck. I would make sure it beathes to the out side, so you don't have to sell the fumes. Also make sure it won't leak allover the inside of the cab in a rollover. I know Jaz makes great stuff, they have been in offroad racing for many years.

blazen91
    Protect the land FOR the people
    <font color=red>Not FROM the people</font color=red>

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I've been thinking about recessing it a little bit so I can cut in a filler to the outside and not have to drop the gate everytime I hit the gas station. Anyone know how much angle is needed for the filler hose?

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok