Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

hey all thought i would tell you all what not to do from experience.was trying to install the 203 low range box under my blazer today,without any help and with a regular floor jack.mind you been working on cars and trucks since age 14 im 31 now.should know better.it fell off the jack and onto my right arm,the shifter got my arm right at the elbow,it then rolled off my right arm then onto mt left wrist,leaving its tracks on it too.so now i type in pain after seeing my local doc today he tells me im gonna be okay,but it will be swollen for awhile,my right arm near the elbow had a not the size of a golf ball.moral of the story is all you can get a good laugh from this as i have to laugh at how stupid i was for being impatient and wanting my doubler finished.but please be careful when fixin your trucks.im sure i wont be able to work monday or tuesday,cant hardly move my right arm.(im an auto glass installer use my arms alot in my job).so this is my 2 cents on what not to do.please think before doing.be careful.and yes its not really funny but i know you who read this are probably laughing right now and im with ya,smile

73k5,350,465,doubler,14ff,44power lock,36swampers

shane

2. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

I put mine in by myself using five ratchet straps. It took a while, but no injuries were sustained.