Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

safty restraints

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tecton, May 6, 2003.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

im a big fella (6'8 350ish /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif) and my seats/seat belts...well...lol...i often find myself holding on to anything i can to keep from flying about...window crank, passenger seatbelt...passenger headrest...anything

what im wondering is if there is a way to lock the seatbelt in place, of if anyone else has had similar problems staying in the seat and found a solution

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

They make those "lock's" for child seat's. Not saying Your a child, but they really clamp down on the belt's. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

get a 5-pt harness. when i have mine on I can sintch it down to where i pretty much cant move at all. lol. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

to hold you in a 5 point is about it... I got 'em for the wagon.

5. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

not trying to hijack your post...but does n e one have pix of a 5 pt harness mounted up in a p/u?? i have a full cage and wanted somethin that would tie into that and the floor. its a show truck, so i would like to get some simpson harness' and make it look nice yet functional. cuz it is also the tow rig for the beast

NITRO

6. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

If you didn't want to go the five point route, older Volvos (circa 1970) had a non-retracting lap/shoulder belt. You adjusted the length of the lap and shoulder belts manually and they stayed-put. 'Run them tight and you couldn't reach the radio. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif