Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

saggin butt? do the flip or add a leaf???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bklynlifted, Jun 27, 2002.

1. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

so my rear is saggin about 2 inches , ive got 4 inch blocks and origional springs. what do you think is the best way to go??? /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">Loose the blocks and go with the flip.

3. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I would say go with the flip but you're ass still mite sag some what. So you mite want to look at the zero rate lift from ORD it will add 1in or so. There is someone that is selling a filp that will add 5 to 6in to you're ass, I don't remember who it was but they were on this site. Try the parts for sale forum that mite be where I saw it.

Eric

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

if you dont tow much then springer suspension
    grant

5. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I can relate, I was in the same boat for a while when I came up with these http://www.echobit.com/fabrication/catalog/fab-catalog-shackleflip.shtml . It allowed me to remain non-commital in the rear end build while I decidied how exotic to get back there, and in turn performed so well that I've abandoned any further modifications as of now. If your interested, PM me as I'm almost out of them again.

You could acheive the same thing with a set of zero rates and a 4" shackle flip from ORD, or you could look at the Springer setup which can be tailored to your desired lift. Both are exceptional kits.

Your stock springs might prove to flex better on the trail but you should look them over real close for cracks at the center pin before you make any decisions. Needing a new spring pack may determine your solution for you.

If you don't care too much about the back end getting stiff then you could purchase a new set of rear 4" lift springs but over time it might sag a little again.

Good luck