Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Saggin' Springs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Anglewood, Mar 7, 2000.

1. Anglewood

Anglewood Registered Member

Saggin\' Springs

Hey Guys,
    My '78 Blazer has a completely stock suspension (looking to upgrade soon), but I was wondering, how much if any negative arch should be on the front springs. They were sagging when I got the truck, but now when I am parked there is a noticable forward tilt. The rear springs seem just fine, but the front have almost 2" of negative arch, it is good for flex, but the ride is a little too soft. Eventually I will go with Rancho 2.5" springs in front and a rear shackle flip from ORD. Would an upgrade be considered necessesary in the immediate future, just looking for some opinions.

Anglewood
    '78 K5 Cheyenne
    http://members.xoom.com/CBlazer.1/bcbalazerpage.htm

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Saggin\' Springs

My 89 is that way. The front springs are reversed arched. You might look at the back and see if someone has put an add-a-leaf in. The rear of the Blazer's seem to sag a little. The previous owner may have put something in to correct this. Mone also rakes forward a little now that I've put add-a-leafs in. I would say my fronts probably have about 1-1 1/2" of arch. I will say though that the ride is far from soft. It's not harsh by any means but it sure isn't a luxo cruiser. You might want to think about shocks to help out for the soft front end feel.

Kyle
    89K5

3. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Re: Saggin\' Springs

My 88 negative arches about 2" in front as well.

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado (a.k.a. ThunderDog)