Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sagging in the front

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hi pinion, Oct 21, 2004.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

It seems after time my truck has the "raked" look.......whats up with that? It sags in the front... is this a big deal to fix? Is there an easy way? Add a leaf mabey? And as far as the ride goes, how is it? As you can clearly see here, the driveway is on a slant, yet the truck is level /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1222628&page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Hopefully the diet and workout will alleviate some of that /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I aint saggin in the front!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I knew you would chime in on that though. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I will be sagging in the front within the next year or so, that why im hitting the weghts again /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Things tend to happen to your body when you get older /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Well come on!!!! This is ck5 isnt it? Dosent ANYONE know?? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well it should sag, it's a truck. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif If it wasn't slightly higher in the back it would sag terribly when you put weight in the back or hooked on a trailer. My Dodge cummins is a lot taller in the back, and levels out with a heavy trailer. I like the look because that way it doesn't look stupid hooked to a trailer.

6. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Nope,it wasnt sagging before /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

It doesnt look saggy in the pic. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

8. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

It did it after time /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif mabey the shocks? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif there old /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Definitely not the shocks. In my experience most chevys from our vintage sag in the rear not in the front. How are your leaf spring bushings up front? Are they old rubber junkers?

Do you have a super heavy bumper that is wearing down your front suspension.

I wouldn't use an add a leaf, they suck.

-Chris

10. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

its totally stock, everything.Nothing has been chenged since 1985 in the front. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I was thinking in total its down 1 inch or so. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif BTW its really rough too, /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif when i hit a bump it goes BANG BANG !!! Kind of jarring /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

The rough ride and bang bang will go right away when you replace the springs and bushings in one shot . Mine did not sag , but made the noises you describe . And on fire roads it sucked bad . I am assuming you have the flat 2 leaf pack up front . You can replace them with a lift or buy a new 3 leaf pack from JC Whitney or something /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Tim's Offroad will hook you up nice, with some new Tuff Country springs. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3" lift enough guys? Should he go 4"? 6"?

13. bandit1

bandit1 Registered Member

my 94 F/S bangs around like that and sags a lil too i want an entire urethane bushing kit, but not sure what they cost. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

14. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Tim's Offroad will hook you up nice, with some new Tuff Country springs. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Ok, let me know when you get some free defective stuff i can afford /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Nope,it wasnt sagging before /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I had your truck at my house for 3 days, It looked like any other blazer too me. It's fine! Just pull a trailer around all the time so it levels it out if it bothers you so much. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

16. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasnt he looking for 8" springs? HMMM /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I think he was!!

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasnt he looking for 8" springs? HMMM /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I think he was!!

[/ QUOTE ]

8" Sounds fine. I guess we'll do some Skyjackers.

Free defective stuff he can afford. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif He just sold his hi pinion......he's rollin in cash!!

18. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Yep ill tow you in my CAGE trailer, feed you one meal a day,(beans and rice) ...and only open the door when i have a question to ask /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif